Negril LighthouseCurrently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: Seastar Road, W End Rd, Negril 12345, Jamaica
- Timings: 09:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 20 USD
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Outdoors, Cave, Light House, Water Body, Landmark, Leisure, Family And Kids, Rock Climbing, Observation Deck
About Negril Lighthouse, Negril
Ever get the urge to purge yourself of your usual daily worries and hurries? If you’re vacationing in beautiful Jamaica, chances are that’s exactly what you want to do and what better way to do it than gazing at the dazzling blue expanse of Negril sea, atop the city’s lighthouse.
Built in 1894, the concrete lighthouse was one of the first of its kind. Created by a French company called Bubbler and Bernard, this beautiful white creation is maintained by the Port Authority of Jamaica. Standing atop this solar powered, automated beacon will allow one to survey a great deal of the surrounding area as it towers 66 feet in the air. It’s alternating white and red lights flash every two seconds, piercing the night sky and allowing sailors to keep a track of their proximity to the land. This white tower is beautiful during the day and crucial during the night, and is a part and parcel of the history of Negril. Besides climbing up, you can also go down to the caves and discover the bountiful sea life that thrives encased in lava rock. For a different perspective, you can go swimming in the seas and gaze at the white lighthouse towering over you.
Treat yourself to some truly grand views of the gorgeous Negril coastline and as the sleek bodies of divers leap into the sea from the surrounding cliffs, you’ll feel a sense of freedom seeping into your body. Blue skies and bluer water, perfect sands and relaxed people will remind you that you need not be tensed over anything. As the sun sets into the sky in a riot of colours and stars start peeking out, you’ll be glad to be a witness to the beauty in front of you, perched upon the lighthouse, 66 feet in the air.
Negril Lighthouse Information
- Be sure to work out a rate with any tour guide that approaches you once you're on the grounds before you let him/her start showing you the site.
- This attraction is free to visit but tips are expected for the lighthouse staff.
- You’ll have to climb up 103 steps to get to the top.
- You can also try out some tasty ‘sea grapes’ here.
How To reach Negril Lighthouse by Public Transport
- Red taxis are the most convenient modes of transport in Negril.
Restaurants Near Negril Lighthouse
- Just Natural (Barbeque, Caribbean, Seafood, Vegetarian)
- Ivan’s Bar & Restaurant at Catcha a Falling Star (Local Cuisine)
- Ahhh Bees (Barbeque, Caribbean)
- Presley’s Bar& Grill (Jamaican, Seafood)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Negril before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Negril and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Negril Lighthouse
95% of people who visit Negril include Negril Lighthouse in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
43.02% of people start their Negril Lighthouse visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Negril Lighthouse
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Negril Lighthouse