Ricks CafeCurrently Closed
- Address: W End Rd, Negril, Jamaica
- Timings: 12:00 pm - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8769570380
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Bar, Food And Drinks, Cafe, Dine In, Restaurant, Entertainment, Play, Leisure, Family And Kids
Ricks Cafe - Review
Good food and great music come together with breath taking scenery and thrilling activities at Negril’s famous Rick’s Cafe. It’s almost a tradition to grab a few cooling drinks and relax at this restaurant after a long day under the sun. Resting atop a cliff at the west end of the island, this cafe has been a favourite for more than thirty years.
Rick’s Cafe was the first ever public bar and restaurant on the West End Cliffs and has a long history in serving and entertaining visitors. The cafe opened its doors in 1974 in the then sleepy fishing village of Negril and hasn’t looked back since. Though disaster and destruction struck twice, in the forms of powerful hurricanes, the restaurant was rebuilt into the big, beautiful structure that stands today. Over the years, the cafe has become very popular for its stunning cliff-side views of the sky and ocean as well as the sight of brave locals leaping off the cliffs into the sea. Seeing as how some of these cliffs are as high as thirty five feet, this is truly a magnificent sight to see while sipping a beer!
- After a long, fun day playing water sports and soaking up sun, make your way to Rick’s Cafe. Warm, freshly made bread will tantalize you and you can appease your roaring appetite by digging into some delicious pastas or seafood. Wash it down with an ice cold beer, a cocktail or something tasty from their special drinks menu and watch the sky erupt in a myriad of colours as the sun slowly descends into the sea.
- If you’re lucky, you’ll see lithe bodies swan diving into the water against a setting sun and if you’re courageous enough yourself, you’ll climb up and take the plunge as well!
- During the night, you can sip on Tropitinis by the moonlight and indulge in fine dining upon the cliffs while music softly lulls you into a state of complete relaxation.
Ricks Cafe Information
- Beware of locals trying to get you to go into the cave area under the cliffs to show you the cave beach.
- They have a swimming pool so take your costume along.
How To reach Ricks Cafe by Public Transport
- Red taxis are the most convenient modes of transport in Negril.
Restaurants Near Ricks Cafe
- Ivan’s Bar& Restaurant at Catcha Falling Star(Local cuisine, bar)
- Ahhh Bees (Caribbean, barbeque)
- Presley’s Bar and Grill (Seafood, organic, bar and grill, Jamaican)
- Just Natural (Barbeque, Caribbean, seafood, Vegetarian)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Negril before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Negril and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ricks Cafe
94.82% of people who visit Negril include Ricks Cafe in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
69.66% of people start their Ricks Cafe visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Ricks Cafe
91.53% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ricks Cafe
Ricks Cafe Trips
Ricks Cafe, Negril Reviews
This review is strictly for the restaurant. The only reason you would want to visit Rick's is for the scenery and for the cliff diving into the bay. Not only is the food expensive and bad, I experienced horrible customer service. The waitress could not split our bill even though my colleague and I ordered separate meals, then she vanished for 20 minutes to get our change.. When she came back, she didn't have our change and said we could not get a receipt. Eat somewhere else to save your time and money.
Rick’s Cafe is one of those places that you have to visit at least once when in Jamaica. It’s a great place to watch pro and novice divers take the plunge. Local dive expert Spiderman is amazing. It’s also a great place to watch the sunset with hundreds of others. But every place along the west end are great to watch the sunset. Rick’s have a nice plunge pool near the bar and showers for you to rinse off after diving. They also have live music and is very crowded on weekends. Food prices are not high at the burger shack. Rick’s restaurant is relatively expensive but you can always walk to Ivan’s Bar next door for a first class and romantic meal.
Fun place to watch the sunset! This cafe had a gorgeous view, plenty of entertainment, food, and for the thrill seekers - an opportunity to dive from the cliffs. I cannot say how the food tastes since we did not eat. We only came to watch the sunset and the cliff diving. My son had to try it and was super excited that he did it! Now, if you don't like crowds or you are looking for a quiet place to eat, this is probably not the best option for you.
Rick's Café is a must-go if your visiting Jamaica. The food is outstanding and authentic, the view is just as amazing as the food. I would highly recommend going an hour or so before sunset. Words cannot explain the beauty of the sun setting on Crystal blue waters in a surreal island setting such as Rick's. As stated before a MUST-GO.
Great visit to Ricks Cafe. A must do when visiting Negril Jamaica 🇯🇲. Lively entertainment. Drinks are mixed well. Food is good, but pricey. Crystal clear ocean waters. Awesome local divers. Had a great time. Definitely check this place out!