Good food and great music come together with breath taking scenery and thrilling activities at Negril’s famous Rick’s Cafe. It’s almost a tradition to grab a few cooling drinks and relax at this restaurant after a long day under the sun. Resting atop a cliff at the west end of the island, this cafe has been a favourite for more than thirty years.
Rick’s Cafe was the first ever public bar and restaurant on the West End Cliffs and has a long history in serving and entertaining visitors. The cafe opened its doors in 1974 in the then sleepy fishing village of Negril and hasn’t looked back since. Though disaster and destruction struck twice, in the forms of powerful hurricanes, the restaurant was rebuilt into the big, beautiful structure that stands today. Over the years, the cafe has become very popular for its stunning cliff-side views of the sky and ocean as well as the sight of brave locals leaping off the cliffs into the sea. Seeing as how some of these cliffs are as high as thirty five feet, this is truly a magnificent sight to see while sipping a beer!
- After a long, fun day playing water sports and soaking up sun, make your way to Rick’s Cafe. Warm, freshly made bread will tantalize you and you can appease your roaring appetite by digging into some delicious pastas or seafood. Wash it down with an ice cold beer, a cocktail or something tasty from their special drinks menu and watch the sky erupt in a myriad of colours as the sun slowly descends into the sea.
- If you’re lucky, you’ll see lithe bodies swan diving into the water against a setting sun and if you’re courageous enough yourself, you’ll climb up and take the plunge as well!
- During the night, you can sip on Tropitinis by the moonlight and indulge in fine dining upon the cliffs while music softly lulls you into a state of complete relaxation.
- Beware of locals trying to get you to go into the cave area under the cliffs to show you the cave beach.
- They have a swimming pool so take your costume along.
- Red taxis are the most convenient modes of transport in Negril.
- Ivan’s Bar& Restaurant at Catcha Falling Star(Local cuisine, bar)
- Ahhh Bees (Caribbean, barbeque)
- Presley’s Bar and Grill (Seafood, organic, bar and grill, Jamaican)
- Just Natural (Barbeque, Caribbean, seafood, Vegetarian)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Negril before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Negril and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Negril include Ricks Cafe in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
69.66% of people start their Ricks Cafe visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Ricks Cafe
91.53% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ricks Cafe
This place is great! The area to jump is no charge just a donation:). What a beautiful view! The water is wonderful Aswell! Don't forget to take your own towel!
Rick's Cafe is the ultimate destination to visit in Jamaica make sure you go and watch the sunset jump off the cliffs into the refreshing Caribbean water and get a drink or two! They have the most beautiful sunsets I think believe it is rated top 10 in the world
Had a good time at Ricks, the food was delicious I got the lobster Fettuccine. Some items on the menu vary according to the market price such as seafood. You can’t beat the environment, when you go to Ricks you can be sure it’s going to be a party. There was a live Reggae band and the DJ made it fun. Not to mention the beautiful view of the ocean and the cliff jumping!!
Great atmosphere and definitely some thrill seeking with the jumping into the water. There is a person who dives from the tallest tower in the tallest castle 😳. All joking aside he jumps from a really tall ladder so bring your dollars for tips because he earns it. Beautiful views and all the other tourists aren’t that bad. There are multiple heights for you to jump into the water from yourself. Definitely something cool to see!
One of the finest brands for Negril. Epic location. Great stage, staff and atmosphere. Good place for a drink, less so for food. Breathtaking views and thrilling cliff jumping options. I did the 25ft jump with much learned advice from the inside lifeguards and supportive environment. You get a great adrenaline rush and feel like a rock star or shall I say Rick Star 🌟