Ricks CafeCurrently Closed
- Address: W End Rd, Negril, Jamaica
- Timings: 12:00 pm - 09:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-8769570380
- Ticket Price: Free
- Tags: Bar, Food And Drinks, Cafe, Dine In, Restaurant, Entertainment, Play, Leisure, Family And Kids
Ricks Cafe - Review
Good food and great music come together with breath taking scenery and thrilling activities at Negril’s famous Rick’s Cafe. It’s almost a tradition to grab a few cooling drinks and relax at this restaurant after a long day under the sun. Resting atop a cliff at the west end of the island, this cafe has been a favourite for more than thirty years.
Rick’s Cafe was the first ever public bar and restaurant on the West End Cliffs and has a long history in serving and entertaining visitors. The cafe opened its doors in 1974 in the then sleepy fishing village of Negril and hasn’t looked back since. Though disaster and destruction struck twice, in the forms of powerful hurricanes, the restaurant was rebuilt into the big, beautiful structure that stands today. Over the years, the cafe has become very popular for its stunning cliff-side views of the sky and ocean as well as the sight of brave locals leaping off the cliffs into the sea. Seeing as how some of these cliffs are as high as thirty five feet, this is truly a magnificent sight to see while sipping a beer!
- After a long, fun day playing water sports and soaking up sun, make your way to Rick’s Cafe. Warm, freshly made bread will tantalize you and you can appease your roaring appetite by digging into some delicious pastas or seafood. Wash it down with an ice cold beer, a cocktail or something tasty from their special drinks menu and watch the sky erupt in a myriad of colours as the sun slowly descends into the sea.
- If you’re lucky, you’ll see lithe bodies swan diving into the water against a setting sun and if you’re courageous enough yourself, you’ll climb up and take the plunge as well!
- During the night, you can sip on Tropitinis by the moonlight and indulge in fine dining upon the cliffs while music softly lulls you into a state of complete relaxation.
Ricks Cafe Information
- Beware of locals trying to get you to go into the cave area under the cliffs to show you the cave beach.
- They have a swimming pool so take your costume along.
How To reach Ricks Cafe by Public Transport
- Red taxis are the most convenient modes of transport in Negril.
Restaurants Near Ricks Cafe
- Ivan’s Bar& Restaurant at Catcha Falling Star(Local cuisine, bar)
- Ahhh Bees (Caribbean, barbeque)
- Presley’s Bar and Grill (Seafood, organic, bar and grill, Jamaican)
- Just Natural (Barbeque, Caribbean, seafood, Vegetarian)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Negril before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Negril and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Ricks Cafe
95% of people who visit Negril include Ricks Cafe in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
60.48% of people start their Ricks Cafe visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Ricks Cafe
91.87% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ricks Cafe
Ricks Cafe Sightseeing Tours
Ricks Cafe Cruises
Ricks Cafe Culture & Theme Based Tours
Ricks Cafe Map
Ricks Cafe Trips
Ricks Cafe, Negril Reviews
One of the best sunsets I’ve ever experienced. The cafe is busy and a bit pricy but the ambience is amazing. There is cliff jumping that you can watch or partake in and amazing music with spectacular views. You can arrive by car or catamaran, I recommend the later. It does get really hot without much shade so make sure you pack sunscreen. They have a pool to cool off in but It does not have a view. Is busier between 5 to 6 where everyone gathers around to watch the sunset, you hear so many different languages of vacationers and it feels like the whole world has come here to watch the sunset.
Lively, vibrant - great place to watch the sun set. Jumping off the cliff edge was awesome. Had the tastiest jerk chicken from a vendor just outside - well worth sampling. Clean washroom facilities. Two bars and restaurant serving a mix of American burger type meals and some Jamaican treats. Great atmosphere created by the DJ and live band. Worth the visit and the jump.
This was so much fun! Really enjoyed watching folks muster the courage to jump from the cliffs. Saw a local climb the rock and dive from a handstand position. There was great music, dancing, eating,and sunset watching! Great spot!!
Good food. Nice flavors. Service is not real fast but we were prepared for that and went early to get a good seat and not be in a rush. Wait staff was awesome, friendly and very attentive. We had seating upstairs that allowed for us to have a great view of the cliff jumpers and the stage. Live music started a little after 6pm. We arrived at Rick's around 3pm and stayed until almost 7pm.
Amazing sunset! What a great spot. The sunset was perfect. Cliff jumping was really cool. You can do it and 3 levels and there Is a crazy 4th one a guy jumps off of for tips. Good food and drinks. Party atmosphere. I'd arrange a ride as we did see an issue in the surrounding area. Perfect spot for dinner drinks and the sunset!
All QuestionsRicks cafe
- Murrayville United Methodist Church
- Double L Quarter Horses
- Murrayville Baptist Church
- Murrayville United Methodist Parsonage
- Sandy Creek Baptist Assoc
- Murrayville House Of Prayer
- Little Egypt Woodmen Camp
- Faith Church Of God
- St Paul's Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod
- Calvary Southern Baptist Church
- West Frankfort Bowl
- Depot Veterans Memorial & Coal Miner's Memorial
- Third Baptist Church
- Harmony Freewill Baptist Church
- Strawberry Meadows