Ricks Cafe, Negril
About Ricks Cafe, Negril
Ricks Cafe, Negril - Address, Phone Number
Address: W End Rd, Negril, Jamaica
Timings: 12:00 pm - 09:00 pm Details
Added 4.1K times in trip plans
Bar, Food And Drinks, Cafe, Dine In, Restaurant, Entertainment, Play, Leisure, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Good food and great music come together with breath taking scenery and thrilling activities at Negril’s famous Rick’s Cafe. It’s almost a tradition to grab a few cooling drinks and relax at this restaurant after a long day under the sun. Resting atop a cliff at the west end of the island, this cafe has been a favourite for more than thirty years.
Rick’s Cafe was the first ever public bar and restaurant on the West End Cliffs and has a long history in serving and entertaining visitors. The cafe opened its doors in 1974 in the then sleepy fishing village of Negril and hasn’t looked back since. Though disaster and destruction struck twice, in the forms of powerful hurricanes, the restaurant was rebuilt into the big, beautiful structure that stands today. Over the years, the cafe has become very popular for its stunning cliff-side views of the sky and ocean as well as the sight of brave locals leaping off the cliffs into the sea. Seeing as how some of these cliffs are as high as thirty five feet, this is truly a magnificent sight to see while sipping a beer!
- After a long, fun day playing water sports and soaking up sun, make your way to Rick’s Cafe. Warm, freshly made bread will tantalize you and you can appease your roaring appetite by digging into some delicious pastas or seafood. Wash it down with an ice cold beer, a cocktail or something tasty from their special drinks menu and watch the sky erupt in a myriad of colours as the sun slowly descends into the sea.
- If you’re lucky, you’ll see lithe bodies swan diving into the water against a setting sun and if you’re courageous enough yourself, you’ll climb up and take the plunge as well!
- During the night, you can sip on Tropitinis by the moonlight and indulge in fine dining upon the cliffs while music softly lulls you into a state of complete relaxation.
Ricks Cafe Information
- Beware of locals trying to get you to go into the cave area under the cliffs to show you the cave beach.
- They have a swimming pool so take your costume along.
How To reach Ricks Cafe by Public Transport
- Red taxis are the most convenient modes of transport in Negril.
Restaurants Near Ricks Cafe
- Ivan’s Bar& Restaurant at Catcha Falling Star(Local cuisine, bar)
- Ahhh Bees (Caribbean, barbeque)
- Presley’s Bar and Grill (Seafood, organic, bar and grill, Jamaican)
- Just Natural (Barbeque, Caribbean, seafood, Vegetarian)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Negril before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Negril and book an accommodation of your choice.
Ricks Cafe, Negril Reviews - Write a Review
Wow. This place was packed. Went to see the sunset but it got overcast as it got closest to the time. Entertainment great. The guy that dives... don't remember his name is very brave. Great diver. Food excellent. Staff were just awesome and very attentive. Always ensure that you are satisfied. I'll keep going back.
Rick's Cafe lived up to the hype from entertainment to food. They had the daring customers jumping of the cliff. The DJ that played all genres of music. The drinks were tasty. The food was great! The portions are big depending on what you order. We had a great day at the cafe. Best of all, we watched the sun set. The was such a humbling experience. Please go, you will not regret it.
Great fun place, albeit packed at times. Best time is late afternoon to catch sunset. Take a jump off cliffs but at own risk, read signs and listen to guides. A "must do once" venue, most hotels offer this trip
Must visit place for anyone going to Jamaica. Food and beverage are a little pricey but the place makes up for it. Nice place to watch the sun set. Beautiful water below the cliff. Take a dive, you'll love it.
Top 10 bar in the world? Not so sure. What makes Rick's great is the location, the views and the cliffs. The staff were not very friendly. The service was slow and the prices were inflated, however, the live music was very good. We took a catamaran there and jumped off the 35ft cliff which was awesome. If nothing else you should go for the views and the experience. FYI if you decide to jump the cliff make sure you are perfectly straight like a pencil when you hit the water, 35 ft drop into the water the wrong way can really hurt. It's been 2 weeks and my tailbone is still sore.
- Nearby Attractions
- Sun N Sand Gift Shop
- Bloody Bay
- Sweet Spice Restaurant
- Cosmo's Seafood Restaurant & Bar
- Sunset Jamaica Grande
- Sandals Negril Beach Resort And Spa
- Mayfield Falls
- Sunset At The Palms
- Couples Negril
- Negril Inn
- Negril Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Negril
- What to See in 48 Hours in Negril
- What to See in 72 Hours in Negril
- How to Spend 5 Days in Negril
- How to Spend 6 Days in Negril
- How to Spend 7 Days in Negril