Good food and great music come together with breath taking scenery and thrilling activities at Negril’s famous Rick’s Cafe. It’s almost a tradition to grab a few cooling drinks and relax at this restaurant after a long day under the sun. Resting atop a cliff at the west end of the island, this cafe has been a favourite for more than thirty years.
Rick’s Cafe was the first ever public bar and restaurant on the West End Cliffs and has a long history in serving and entertaining visitors. The cafe opened its doors in 1974 in the then sleepy fishing village of Negril and hasn’t looked back since. Though disaster and destruction struck twice, in the forms of powerful hurricanes, the restaurant was rebuilt into the big, beautiful structure that stands today. Over the years, the cafe has become very popular for its stunning cliff-side views of the sky and ocean as well as the sight of brave locals leaping off the cliffs into the sea. Seeing as how some of these cliffs are as high as thirty five feet, this is truly a magnificent sight to see while sipping a beer!
- After a long, fun day playing water sports and soaking up sun, make your way to Rick’s Cafe. Warm, freshly made bread will tantalize you and you can appease your roaring appetite by digging into some delicious pastas or seafood. Wash it down with an ice cold beer, a cocktail or something tasty from their special drinks menu and watch the sky erupt in a myriad of colours as the sun slowly descends into the sea.
- If you’re lucky, you’ll see lithe bodies swan diving into the water against a setting sun and if you’re courageous enough yourself, you’ll climb up and take the plunge as well!
- During the night, you can sip on Tropitinis by the moonlight and indulge in fine dining upon the cliffs while music softly lulls you into a state of complete relaxation.
Ricks Cafe Travel Tips
- Beware of locals trying to get you to go into the cave area under the cliffs to show you the cave beach.
- They have a swimming pool so take your costume along.
How to Reach Ricks Cafe
- Red taxis are the most convenient modes of transport in Negril.
- Ivan’s Bar& Restaurant at Catcha Falling Star(Local cuisine, bar)
- Ahhh Bees (Caribbean, barbeque)
- Presley’s Bar and Grill (Seafood, organic, bar and grill, Jamaican)
- Just Natural (Barbeque, Caribbean, seafood, Vegetarian)
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Negril before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Negril and book an accommodation of your choice.
93.95% of people who visit Negril include Ricks Cafe in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
69.66% of people start their Ricks Cafe visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Ricks Cafe
91.53% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ricks Cafe