Seemingly endless stretches of white sand and blue water run parallel under the warm Jamaican sun, providing sensual and sundrenched surroundings for your Caribbean holiday. Frolic and play during the day, wine and dine as the moon shines and indulge in all kinds of playful pastimes on this world famous beach.
Westwards facing and eleven kilometers long, this golden expanse has continuously been rated as one of the best beaches in the world, with features that charm tourists and travel writers alike. You’ll find large, luxurious and all-inclusive resorts at the northern side of the beach while the southern end is filled with more affordable and cosier family run hotels. The southern part of the beach is also near a cliff area, from where divers and snorkelers leap into the blue body of water below them. The beach is lined with all kinds of stalls and hawkers, especially at the southern end, from where one can find all kinds of Jamaican memorabilia and knick knacks.
The Beach is a hedonistic paradise, where you can shed your clothes and inhibitions with equal abandon.
- You can lie in the soft sand and indulge in a full body sun tan, while the gentle waves the beach is well-known for lap up against the shore.
- Dramatic sunsets and heady smells of delicious food will pleasure you at night, as the beach turns into a giant, outdoor party. You’ll sway as reggae music fills the air and the cool, island breeze will move along with you.
- For those who wish to explore each feature of the beach, there are tours that will take you along the stretch and finally end at one of the shacks, where you can have a few cold drinks while the sky darkens and the music becomes louder.
This laid back beach with all its sensual offerings will leave you feeling utterly relaxed and rejuvenated for your life back home.
- Seven Mile beach lies directly north of Negril's center, parallel to Alice Eldermire Drive.
- The beach is child-friendly since the waves rarely get rough.
- You can spot sting rays.
- Red taxis are the most convenient modes of transport in Negril
- Stew Fish (Sea food and Jamaican)
- The Mill (Buffet)
- The Venetian (Bar, Jamaican)
- Kimonos (Japanese, Tapanyaki, Asian)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Negril before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Negril and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Negril include Seven Mile Beach in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
55.77% of people start their Seven Mile Beach visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see Seven Mile Beach
93.71% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Seven Mile Beach