Founders Park727 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 87 Atawhai Dr, The Wood, Nelson 7010, New Zealand Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Ticket Price: 7 USD
- Tags: Park, Leisure, Family And Kids
The Founder’s Park is Nelson’s tribute to it’s own history. It’s preserved the way Nelson looked in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century. The beautiful streets and tranquil gardens are the result of an effort by Nelson citizens in the 1970’s, who even donation over 20000 historic artefacts to the Park. Of the things to do, there’s a plane that kids can clamber over; you can host birthday parties here; check if you can board the train that runs on the weekends; chech out the small ship-in-the-bottle exhibit and just stroll around absorbing the atmosphere. If you’re lucky, you might catch the autor Lloyd Jones wadering about.
Founders Park Travel Tips
- There’s an excellent café where they also brew beer.
- Go during the weekend.
How to Reach Founders Park
- Buses on Atawhai Drive
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nelson before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nelson and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Founders Park Address: 87 Atawhai Dr, The Wood, Nelson 7010, New Zealand
- Founders Park Timing: 10:00 am - 04:30 pm
- Founders Park Price: 7 USD
- Best time to visit Founders Park(preferred time): 10:00 am - 04:30 pm
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
36.68% of people who visit Nelson include Founders Park in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
57.27% of people start their Founders Park visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Founders Park
89% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Founders Park
People normally club together Nelson South and Boulder Bank while planning their visit to Founders Park.