About Creux-du-van, Neuchatel
Creux du Van is a natural cirque which is one of the most important tourist attraction in Neuchatel. The Cirque is approximately 1,400 metre wide and 150 metre deep and hosts thousands of tourists every year for its natural beauty and magnificence. The destination because of its natural beauty becomes a perfect place for photography and sight-seeing and is one of the most favorite attractions for travellers. A spectacular view and a magnificent natural cirque is what it is all about. Take out a day and visit this paradise of a place and revisit nature like you have never before.
- Wear comfortable shoes and preferably hiking shoes.
- Carry a rain coat along with you.
- Carrying sunglasses and a summer hat is advised.
Creux-du-van Opening and Closing Hours
- The information center is open from 1 April to 31 October: from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- The information center is open from 1 November to 31 March: from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
How To Get To Creux-du-van by Public Transport
- Buses from Montalchez, center du village can be taken to reach the point.
- Travel by rentals and taxis are also available.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Neuchatel before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Neuchatel and book an accommodation of your choice.
Address: Place de la Gare 1, 2103 Noiraigue, Switzerland
Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
Timings: 24-hrs Details
Added 3.4K times in trip plans
Outdoors, View Point, Tourist Center, Family And Kids, Nature
Try TripHobo Trip Planner
Share your experience - Rate Creux-du-Van, Neuchatel
The view from the top of the hill is spectacular! Bundle up if you go in Autumn - it can be very windy. I also got some great shots of the canyon wall.
Didn't find the hike challenging. Saw maybe two other people in the early spring. More ibex than anything else. Peaceful forest trails and amazing cliffside views. Truly magnificent geological feature. Never seen anything like it. Absolutely a must-see in the Jura Mountains.
Amazing view around this place. Natural crater.
Great area ro discover during a day-trip!
We liked the views here, but found it tricky to get to from the south. On the way back it was obvious that driving via Concise, Mutrux, Provence if approaching from the south was much better than what Google maps told us to do (actually impassable for cars at one point). Don't expect much signposting from this side until you are close. Restaurant Le Soliat has a big carpark, and the cliff face is just a short muddy walk through a cow paddock away (not really a path to speak of). There's a stone wall to stop the livestock falling off the cliff, but to see the view you need to be on the other side where there is no barrier, which made us nervous with the two young kids in tow.
- Nearby Attractions
- Les Piscines Du Nid-du-cro
- Lake Neuchatel
- Neuchatel Castle
- Jardin Botanique De Neuchatel
- University Of Neuchâtel
- Jardin Des Senteurs
- Centre Suisse De Cartographie De La Faune (cscf) & Koordinationsstelle Fur
- Place Pury
- Hotels Near Creux-du-Van
- Hotels Near Creux-du-Van
- 5 Star Hotels Near Creux-du-Van
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Creux-du-Van
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Creux-du-Van
- Budget Hotels Near Creux-du-Van
- Cheap Hotels Near Creux-du-Van
- Luxury Hotels Near Creux-du-Van
- Neuchatel Day-wise Trips
- 1 Day in Neuchatel
- 2 Days in Neuchatel
- 3 Days in Neuchatel
- 4 Days in Neuchatel
- 5 Days in Neuchatel
- 6 Days in Neuchatel
- 7 Days in Neuchatel