A tur-blue, authentic Turkish experience awaits you right in the heart of the nation, at Nevsehir. Garnering attention, given its proximity to the very popular hot ballooning destination of Cappadocia, Nevsehir is a surprise in its own. After a discovery of an entire underground city, Kaymakli there are constant excavations going around in search of other such treasures. One of these treasures includes a church that dates back to the 5th century! A plethora of amazing geological formations, Nevsehir is certain to feel like you are terrestrially on some other planet. Bottle-like formations beckon from almost everywhere of this city. This owes to the fact that there are several cavities and caves, which are now made good use of in the form of accommodations!
The best time to visit Nevsehir is Spring, followed by Autumn. Host to a ton of festival encompassing the fields of art, music, culture and food this place is certainly a sensory stimulation. It is slowly becoming popular as an offbeat honeymoon destination given its flexibility to accommodate both conventional as well as unconventional things to do. With so many offbeat things to do in Nevsehir, it is hard for someone to get bored here. Not to mention the incredibly rejuvenating spas and their hammams.
Essential travel information and Nevsehir tips for your visit
- Time Zone: Eastern European Time Zone; UTC+02:00
- Currency: Turkish lira
- Electricity and Internet: The voltage is 230 V/ 50 Hz. Internet in the formof wi-fi is available at most of the hotels, restaurants and places of interest.
- Languages: Turkish is the official language Nevsehir. English is understood by some.
- Security: Dial 112 for Medical emergency/Ambulance; 110 for Fire; 155 for Police
- Tipping: A 5-10% tip is expected at bars, restaurants, and cafés. For cabs and taxis, no tipping required but a round-up of the fare is usual.
- Take a pottery-making class in Avanos.
- Stay in a cave hotel.
- Rent a mountain bike and cycle to Rose Valley.