St. Mary's ChurchCurrently Open
- Address: 5 Hillhouse Ave, New Haven, CT 06511, USA, United States Map
- Phone: +1-2035626193
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Being the church of the second oldest Roman Catholic parish, St. Mary’s Church has become an important part of the religious pulse and history of the city. The parish was founded in 1832 and is currently run by the friar of the Dominican Order. The Knights of Columbus was formed right here in 1882!
The architecture of the church is truly its highlight- giving art lovers an example of true Gothic revival design with its strong stone masonry as its backbone. The interiors of the church compliment the design with a gorgeous nave adorned by beautiful ridges on the ceiling, warm light chandeliers that cast their glow through out the church, a grand church organ that is placed above the entrance and the beautiful central alter with stained-glass windows that adorn it. A beautiful golden cross takes the centre at the altar and along with the touches of wooden carvings seen around the entre church, complete the ambience of the place. Come here to see the old buildings or simply to offer a small prayer
St. Mary's Church Hours
- Sunday: 10:00 am, 8:00 am, 12:00 pm
- Monday- Saturday : 7:30 am, 12:00 pm, 5:00 pm
How to Reach St. Mary's Church
- By Bus: Temple St and 420 Temple St
- By taking a Taxi
- By walking
- By renting a Bike
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in New Haven before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Haven and book an accommodation of your choice.
- St. Mary's Church Address: 5 Hillhouse Ave, New Haven, CT 06511, USA, United States
- St. Mary's Church Contact Number: +1-2035626193
- Time required to visit St. Mary's Church: 00:30 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!