Beauregard-keyes House, New Orleans
About Beauregard-keyes House, New Orleans
Beauregard-keyes House, New Orleans - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1113 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70116, United States
Ticket Price: 10 USD
Time Required: 00:45 Mins
Timings: 10:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
Added 6.8K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Beauregard-Keyes House has been the home of many iconic figures in New Orleans including Confederate General Pierre Gustave Toutant Beauregard and the famous American author-Frances Parkinson Keyes.
The house was originally built in 1826 and was a rented home to the Beauregards. Around 1960’s, Frances Parkinson Keyes bought the same house and this is where she has written some of her best known novels.
Today the house is restored to its original Victorian design and the museum showcases a rare collection of Beauregard's family, Keyes's studio and her collections of dolls and porcelain tea pots.
Beauregard-keyes House Ticket Prices
- Adult: USD 10.00
- Senior Citizen: USD 9.00
- Student: USD 9.00
- Miltary: Free
- Children 12 and under: USD 4.00
- Children under 6: Free
- AAA Member: USD 1.00 off
- Pre-scheduled group tours are available for groups of 25 or more. Tickets are USD 7.50
Beauregard-keyes House Opening and Closing Hours
- Tours begin on the hour-the first tour of each day starts at 10:00am and the final tour of the day starts at 3:00pm.
- The tour lasts approximately 45 minutes.
- Reservations are not needed for daily tours.
How To reach Beauregard-keyes House by Public Transport
- By Bus: Decatur at Ursulines
- By Tram:Ursulines Station
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in New Orleans before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Orleans and book an accommodation of your choice.
Beauregard-keyes House, New Orleans Reviews - Write a Review
Great guide. Wonderful way to learn a little about NOLA history. Would highly recommend.
The tour was great! Very insightful into the home, the restoration and it's history. The house has seen better days, but it's still beautiful and charming today.
Interesting visit for the ones interested by historical house.
Rosanna was an excellent tour guide. We had a wonderful time.
- Nearby Attractions
- Broussards Flying Services
- St Charles Ave & Poydras St
- City Park Avenue
- 5536 Prytania St
- Saint Ann Street
- Chubbie's Fried Chicken
- St Charles At Dufossat
- Bourbon House
- 2227 Felicity St
- 912 S Miro St
- New Orleans Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in New Orleans
- What to See in 48 Hours in New Orleans
- What to See in 72 Hours in New Orleans
- How to Spend 5 Days in New Orleans
- How to Spend 6 Days in New Orleans
- How to Spend 7 Days in New Orleans