Canal Street, New Orleans
About Canal Street, New Orleans
Canal Street, New Orleans - Address
Address: 101 Morgan St, New Orleans, LA 70114, United States
Time Required: 00:20 Mins
Timings: 06:00 am - 11:59 pm Details
Added 12.9K times in trip plans
Family And Kids, Neighborhoods , Streets
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Sailing the Mississippi river is intrinsic to the New Orleans experience and the Canal Street / Algiers Ferry has a history of sailing the river since 1827!
The ferry rides make for a perfect way to see the city light up after dark and if you are travelling with children, the rides are apt for your curious kids.
The surrounding neighbourhood of Algiers is full of cafes, restaurants and architectural sights that make for a pleasant way to see another side of New Orleans on foot.
Canal Street Ticket Prices
Ferry Fairs (Algier’s Point/ Canal Street):
- Pedestrian- USD 2
- Reduced Fair: (Seniors 65+, Disabled, Medicare Pedestrian with ID)- USD 1
- Children (Age 2 and under): Free
For other rates, visit the official website.
Canal Street Opening and Closing Hours
Monday- Friday: First Ferry Algiers Point
- For precise timings of departure and first and last ferry, visit the official website.
- Note: Timings vary almost every month and also for weekend and weekday hours
How To reach Canal Street by Public Transport
- By Bus: Canal St. Ferry
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in New Orleans before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Orleans and book an accommodation of your choice.
Canal Street, New Orleans Reviews - Write a Review
- Nearby Attractions
- Chubbie's Fried Chicken
- St Charles At Dufossat
- Bourbon House
- 2227 Felicity St
- 912 S Miro St
- Royal Sonesta Hotel
- 547 St Ann St
- New Orleans Lager & Ale (nola) Brewing
- 1405 Canal St
- Beachcorner Bar & Grill
- New Orleans Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in New Orleans
- What to See in 48 Hours in New Orleans
- What to See in 72 Hours in New Orleans
- How to Spend 5 Days in New Orleans
- How to Spend 6 Days in New Orleans
- How to Spend 7 Days in New Orleans