Canal StreetCurrently Open
- Address: 101 Morgan St, New Orleans, LA 70114, United States
- Timings: 06:00 am - 11:59 pm Details
- Time Required: 00:20 Mins
- Tags: Family And Kids, Neighborhoods , Streets
Sailing the Mississippi river is intrinsic to the New Orleans experience and the Canal Street / Algiers Ferry has a history of sailing the river since 1827!
The ferry rides make for a perfect way to see the city light up after dark and if you are travelling with children, the rides are apt for your curious kids.
The surrounding neighbourhood of Algiers is full of cafes, restaurants and architectural sights that make for a pleasant way to see another side of New Orleans on foot.
Entrance Ticket Details For Canal Street
Ferry Fairs (Algier’s Point/ Canal Street):
- Pedestrian- USD 2
- Reduced Fair: (Seniors 65+, Disabled, Medicare Pedestrian with ID)- USD 1
- Children (Age 2 and under): Free
For other rates, visit the official website.
Canal Street Hours
Monday- Friday: First Ferry Algiers Point
- For precise timings of departure and first and last ferry, visit the official website.
- Note: Timings vary almost every month and also for weekend and weekday hours
How to Reach Canal Street
- By Bus: Canal St. Ferry
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in New Orleans before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Orleans and book an accommodation of your choice.
30.63% of people who visit New Orleans include Canal Street in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
74.39% of people start their Canal Street visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Canal Street
90.72% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Canal Street