Carousel Gardens Amusement ParkCurrently Closed
- Address: 7 Victory Ave, New Orleans, LA 70124, United States
- Timings: 11:00 am - 04:30 pm Details
- Phone: +1-5044839402
- Ticket Price: 4 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Amusement Park, Garden, Walking Area, Entertainment, Family And Kids
Carousel Gardens Amusement Park - Review
The Carousel Gardens are loved for its beautiful carousal rides that light up after dark and put a big smile on children of all ages. The 100 year antique wooden carousel ‘flying horse’ carved by Loof and Carmel, is the crowd-puller and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
For locals and tourists, taking a ride here is simply one of those experiences you cannot miss out on. Do take a walk around the rest of the City Park when you visit.
Carousel Gardens Amusement Park Information
- Pets are not allowed inside the park.
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed.
- Wristbands are non-transferrable and are invalid if torn, cut or ripped.
Carousel Gardens Amusement Park Ticket Prices
- Adult: USD 4/person.
- Kids 36” & under get admission free.
- USD 18 for unlimited rides or USD 4/ride.
- Paid admission to the Amusement Park also includes admission to Storyland.
- For other prices, visit the official website .
Carousel Gardens Amusement Park Hours
- Tuesday through Thursday: 11.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Friday: 11.00 am to 9.00 pm
- Saturday: 11.00 am to 9.00 pm
- Sunday: 11.00 am to 6.00 pm
- Closed on Mondays.
- The Amusement Park will be closed for private functions.
Early Fall Season:
- Saturday & Sunday: 11.00 am to 6.00 pm
- Open on Labor Day: 11.00 am to 6.00 pm
- Closed During VooDoo Fest.
Late Fall Season: Almost the whole month of November, park is closed.
- Celebration in the Oaks Season: (November end to January)
- And open nightly during Celebration in the Oaks (with admission to Celebration in the Oaks).
- Sunday through Thursday: 6.00 pm to 10.00 pm.
- Friday & Saturday: 6.00 pm to 11.00 pm.
Open on Memorial Day: 11.00 am to 6.00 pm
Closed for Endymion Closed on Mardi Gras Day.
How To reach Carousel Gardens Amusement Park by Public Transport
- By Bus: Marconi at Victory
- By Tram: at Museum of Art
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
- By Taxi.
Restaurants Near Carousel Gardens Amusement Park
- Timken Centre
- Two Sisters Cafe
- Burger King
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in New Orleans before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Orleans and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Carousel Gardens Amusement Park
16.9% of people who visit New Orleans include Carousel Gardens Amusement Park in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
50% of people start their Carousel Gardens Amusement Park visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Carousel Gardens Amusement Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Carousel Gardens Amusement Park
Carousel Gardens Amusement Park Trips
Carousel Gardens Amusement Park, New Orleans Reviews
City Park is beautiful and fun. Story land is great for the little ones and opens into the amusement park where little and big kids will.havr some.fun. bring your own food though as food options are limited to pizza burgers and nachos. No lines when we went Ina Sunday late morning. There is also a playground nearby.
It’s a nice little amusement park to bring the kids for a little fun.. our favorite one and only is the lady bug ride- my daughter will ride over and over again It’s fun with a little thrilling to it- just a kid friendly one nothing big or too scary!! Make sure to get in the train ride after a long hot day to wind down and enjoy the trees and view of the park!! Staff is usually friendly and helpful!! Just wished that admission price was included when you buy ride tickets or wristband and not have to pay for it xtra!!
It was great for the first 3 rides. It was the Friends of City Park Festival. Then, the rain came. There was no food unless you paid for it. The food was to be included in the festival. Don't know what they did with it, but our grandchildren were disappointed and so was I. They did enjoy the first 3 rides though. It was forecast to rain and I feel like they should have rescheduled it for the next day or even the day after that. Would have been enjoyed by everyone else as well, I suspect.
First time visiting as I post my review. In taking my nephews, ages 11 and 13, I said that I would not get on any rides as I felt that they were catered to their ages and younger. Although that is the case, they pleaded with me to get on about three or four of them, so I did. The rides were still super fun even at my age. I loved how much fun the two of them had, plus me. I did the history tour as well which was a great way to learn fast fun facts regarding the becoming of City Park. The music was not so appealing though. We ended the evening at City Putt which is always a fun time for all ages! Carousel Gardens is a must visit in New Orleans.
It's not Disney World, but for $20, it's a solid day, especially if you go with a big group of friends. If it's not too busy, you can ride some rides over and over again, and if you're more in the mood to talk for a bit, the train and carousel are good options. I definitely wouldn't go and buy tickets individually, but you only need to ride 6 rides to break even, so even a couple hours makes the day pass more than worth it.