The Carousel Gardens are loved for its beautiful carousal rides that light up after dark and put a big smile on children of all ages. The 100 year antique wooden carousel ‘flying horse’ carved by Loof and Carmel, is the crowd-puller and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
For locals and tourists, taking a ride here is simply one of those experiences you cannot miss out on. Do take a walk around the rest of the City Park when you visit.
Carousel Gardens Amusement Park Travel Tips
- Pets are not allowed inside the park.
- Outside food and drinks are not allowed.
- Wristbands are non-transferrable and are invalid if torn, cut or ripped.
Entrance Ticket Details For Carousel Gardens Amusement Park
- Adult: USD 4/person.
- Kids 36” & under get admission free.
- USD 18 for unlimited rides or USD 4/ride.
- Paid admission to the Amusement Park also includes admission to Storyland.
- For other prices, visit the official website .
Carousel Gardens Amusement Park Hours
- Tuesday through Thursday: 11.00 am to 5.00 pm
- Friday: 11.00 am to 9.00 pm
- Saturday: 11.00 am to 9.00 pm
- Sunday: 11.00 am to 6.00 pm
- Closed on Mondays.
- The Amusement Park will be closed for private functions.
Early Fall Season:
- Saturday & Sunday: 11.00 am to 6.00 pm
- Open on Labor Day: 11.00 am to 6.00 pm
- Closed During VooDoo Fest.
Late Fall Season: Almost the whole month of November, park is closed.
- Celebration in the Oaks Season: (November end to January)
- And open nightly during Celebration in the Oaks (with admission to Celebration in the Oaks).
- Sunday through Thursday: 6.00 pm to 10.00 pm.
- Friday & Saturday: 6.00 pm to 11.00 pm.
Open on Memorial Day: 11.00 am to 6.00 pm
Closed for Endymion Closed on Mardi Gras Day.
How to Reach Carousel Gardens Amusement Park
- By Bus: Marconi at Victory
- By Tram: at Museum of Art
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
- By Taxi.
- Timken Centre
- Two Sisters Cafe
- Burger King
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in New Orleans before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Orleans and book an accommodation of your choice.
15.32% of people who visit New Orleans include Carousel Gardens Amusement Park in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
50% of people start their Carousel Gardens Amusement Park visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Carousel Gardens Amusement Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Carousel Gardens Amusement Park
Carousel Gardens Amusement Park Reviews & Ratings
Very neat place for kids. Came here expecting some kiddie rides and found a small amusement park. Pretty cool and fast roller coaster, fun house, tilt a whirl, Ferris wheel, carousel, train, and lots of kiddie rides. The train is a 10 minute ride around the park. We bought the unlimited arm bands for $22 and very well got our monies worth!! There is a lot of other stuff we didn't get to. 2 hours here put our 1 1/2 yr old out and almost got our 3 yr old!! Maybe a little ride will finish him off!!
My family and I absolutely love this amusement park in the summer! It's fun and beautifully landscaped with plenty of shade. We bought snowcones from the food truck and thought they were the best we had ever tasted. Everything was impressive. I only give 4 instead of 5 stars because all the ride employees seemed so depressed. I understand they were probably very hot and uncomfortable and that bothered me. Maybe they should be allowed more breaks or something.
Absolutely love this carousel! It's so pretty. I remember growing up and visiting it every year. Glad to see they kept the 'old' style and it is still in good working order. Relaxing and enjoyable for the whole family of all ages.
I have been coming to this park since I was a little girl, now I have had the pleasure to bring and enjoy it with both my daughters. It never gets old.
Fun place for adults and kids. Lots of things to do. And lots of fun!