Contemporary Arts Center7 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 900 Camp St, New Orleans, LA 70130, United States, 70130
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-5045283805
- Fax: +1-5045283828
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art Gallery, Performance, Family And Kids, Exhibition , Social, Entertainment, Music And Show Venues
The Contemporary Arts Center mission is to preserve, showcase and encourage the art of our times and give it a platform to shine. The place hosts exhibitions, performances and tours that give you a peak into contemporary art of both local and international artists.
The trending exhibits are perfect to feel inspired and leave you with a curious mind while the performances are something you just can not miss when in New Orleans.
The centre also has a cafe and a bookstore that complete the experience.
Contemporary Arts Center Travel Tips
- To know the timings during holidays, give a call to the information center.
Entrance Ticket Details For Contemporary Arts Center
- USD 10: General Admission
- USD 8: Students & Seniors
- Free to CAC Members.
- Free to Louisiana Residents on Sundays courtesy of The Helis Foundation, The Hearst Foundations, and the City of New Orleans | Edward Wisner Donation.
- Free to Children & Students through Grade 12 and under at all times courtesy of The Helis Foundation, The Hearst Foundations, and the City of New Orleans | Edward Wisner Donation.
Contemporary Arts Center Hours
- Wednesday - Monday: 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
- The last admission to the galleries is at 4:45 pm.
The Cafe at the CAC
- Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 8:00 pm
- Saturday & Sunday: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Open during performances and events.
The Stacks, art & design bookstore
- Monday - Friday: 11 am - 7pm
- Saturday and Sunday: 11am – 5pm
Hours vary for concerts, performances, lectures, and special events.
How to Reach Contemporary Arts Center
- By Bus: Camp at St Joseph
- By Tram: St Charles at St Joseph
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in New Orleans before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Orleans and book an accommodation of your choice.
Contemporary Arts Center Reviews & Ratings
It was great. Right in my neighborhood. Been meaning to go so we finally went since it was free to members of other museums this month. Great art! Very nice staff! They also have a very lovely nursing area for Mothers. That's very cool. Not sure how often the art is changed out but what we saw was great!
White linen night party.... sound issues! Surely in a space this nice that shouldn't happen. Great venue was nice, except the used mobile restrooms⁰
Attended for a wedding reception. Very large area for a large party. Staff was great. 4 stars because no restroom. Had to go to an outdoor trailer which was nice and luckily the weather was good. Potential for disaster though. Overall great experience!
Wonderful experience-- the best in the CBD! I was touring galleries during my visit to New Orleans and have to say that this place is a great spot! It's a beautiful and open space with coffee and tons of artwork! Beautiful. Lovely staff as well, I felt so welcomed!!!
Disgustingly priced for what you get, visited today and there is a tiny exhibit filled half with art from a local high school, should be advertised as a high school exhibit, go to noma art museum instead much larger and better for money in the area with a free sculpture park.