Fort Pike State Historic Site, New Orleans
About Fort Pike State Historic Site, New Orleans
Fort Pike State Historic Site, New Orleans - Address, Phone Number
Address: 27100 Chef Menteur Hwy, New Orleans, LA 70129, United States
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 112 times in trip plans
Historical Site, Family And Kids, Fort
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
Located around 61 kilometres away from New Orleans, the Fort Pike State Historic Site was constructed in the early 19th century and was named after soldier General Zebulon Montgomery Pike. Surround by water to the east, the fort was designed for defence purposes from both land and sea and still stands strong to this day.
Forts Pike was one of six new masonry forts built in coastal Louisiana to protect against the British invasion. Today, the fort is etched in the war-history of Louisiana.
Take a walk through the beautiful fort and see the views of Lake Catherine from here.
Fort Pike State Historic Site Information
- Carry bottled water and snacks for the ride.
- Sunscreen and sturdy shoes will be helpful.
Fort Pike State Historic Site Ticket Prices
- Free on Fridays.
- By Appointment: USD 46 for groups up to 10 people; USD 4 per person after the 10-person group.
Fort Pike State Historic Site Opening and Closing Hours
- Fridays: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm or by Appointment.
- Call the Baton Rouge Administrative Office to schedule a visit.
How To reach Fort Pike State Historic Site by Public Transport
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
- By Taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in New Orleans before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Orleans and book an accommodation of your choice.
Fort Pike State Historic Site, New Orleans Reviews - Write a Review
Visited this Fort in 2012. We had the place almost for ourselves, Beautiful fort, with great views. There was also a very friendly staff member (I can't remember his name, lovely man), who gave us a beautiful book about the fort, as we came all the way from Europe:-)
Closed and all there was access to was a boat ramp.
Good picnic place and see a historic fort.
Google's info is wrong. It appears that the park is closed to the public permanently. You can only make appointments . Please call the number before venturing out there
We we married on top of Fort Pike, on May 5th, 2001!!! Absolutely beautiful day!!
- Nearby Attractions
- Dry Dock Cafe
- Indywood Cinema
- Audubon Park Golf Course
- Old U.s. Mint
- Jazz Gumbo - 422
- Chateau Lemoyne - French Quarter
- Holiday Inn French Quarter-chateau Lemoyne
- The Mortuary Haunted House
- Sheraton New Orleans Hotel
- Rouses Market
- New Orleans Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in New Orleans
- What to See in 48 Hours in New Orleans
- What to See in 72 Hours in New Orleans
- How to Spend 5 Days in New Orleans
- How to Spend 6 Days in New Orleans
- How to Spend 7 Days in New Orleans