Fort Pike State Historic SiteCurrently Closed
- Address: 27100 Chef Menteur Hwy, New Orleans, LA 70129, United States, 70129
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2253428111
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Fort, Landmarks, Historic And Protected Sites
Fort Pike State Historic Site - Review
Located around 61 kilometres away from New Orleans, the Fort Pike State Historic Site was constructed in the early 19th century and was named after soldier General Zebulon Montgomery Pike. Surround by water to the east, the fort was designed for defence purposes from both land and sea and still stands strong to this day.
Forts Pike was one of six new masonry forts built in coastal Louisiana to protect against the British invasion. Today, the fort is etched in the war-history of Louisiana.
Take a walk through the beautiful fort and see the views of Lake Catherine from here.
Fort Pike State Historic Site Information
- Carry bottled water and snacks for the ride.
- Sunscreen and sturdy shoes will be helpful.
Fort Pike State Historic Site Ticket Prices
- Free on Fridays.
- By Appointment: USD 46 for groups up to 10 people; USD 4 per person after the 10-person group.
Fort Pike State Historic Site Opening and Closing Hours
- Fridays: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm or by Appointment.
- Call the Baton Rouge Administrative Office to schedule a visit.
How To reach Fort Pike State Historic Site by Public Transport
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
- By Taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in New Orleans before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Orleans and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Fort Pike State Historic Site
0.73% of people who visit New Orleans include Fort Pike State Historic Site in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
40% of people start their Fort Pike State Historic Site visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Fort Pike State Historic Site
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fort Pike State Historic Site
Fort Pike State Historic Site Map
Fort Pike State Historic Site Trips
Fort Pike State Historic Site, New Orleans Reviews
Visited this Fort in 2012. We had the place almost for ourselves, Beautiful fort, with great views. There was also a very friendly staff member (I can't remember his name, lovely man), who gave us a beautiful book about the fort, as we came all the way from Europe:-)
Good picnic place and see a historic fort.
Google's info is wrong. It appears that the park is closed to the public permanently. You can only make appointments . Please call the number before venturing out there
Closed and all there was access to was a boat ramp.
We we married on top of Fort Pike, on May 5th, 2001!!! Absolutely beautiful day!!
All QuestionsFort pike state historic site
- Chafariz Na Fragosela De Cima Em Viseu
- Fonte De Fragosela Em Viseu
- Pelourinho De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento Brasil Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Escultura Em Homenagem Ao Comendador José Nunes Martins Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca Do Outeiro Do Rato Em Carregal Do Sal
- Solar Dos Soares De Albergaria
- Casa Grande De Oliveira Do Conde Em Tondela
- Fonte De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Pelourinho De Alvarelhos Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca 1 Do Ameal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Monumento à Independência De Portugal Em Carregal Do Sal
- Penedo Da Víbora Em Carregal Do Sal
- Inscrições De Oliveira Do Conde Em Carregal Do Sal
- Orca De Santo Tisco Em Carregal Do Sal
Find places near Fort Pike State Historic Site, New Orleans
ATM 52250 Highway 901.491 km away
Crazy Al's Bar 26860 Chef Menteur Hwy0.532 km away
Ron Charles Restaurant-Lounge 90 HWY0.599 km away
Pomes Seafood 26064 Chef Menteur Hwy2.191 km away