Fort Pike State Historic SiteCurrently Open [Closes at 05:00 pm]
- Address: 27100 Chef Menteur Hwy, New Orleans, LA 70129, United States, 70129
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2253428111
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Fort, Landmarks, Historic And Protected Sites
About Fort Pike State Historic Site, New Orleans
Located around 61 kilometres away from New Orleans, the Fort Pike State Historic Site was constructed in the early 19th century and was named after soldier General Zebulon Montgomery Pike. Surround by water to the east, the fort was designed for defence purposes from both land and sea and still stands strong to this day.
Forts Pike was one of six new masonry forts built in coastal Louisiana to protect against the British invasion. Today, the fort is etched in the war-history of Louisiana.
Take a walk through the beautiful fort and see the views of Lake Catherine from here.
Fort Pike State Historic Site Information
- Carry bottled water and snacks for the ride.
- Sunscreen and sturdy shoes will be helpful.
Fort Pike State Historic Site Ticket Prices
- Free on Fridays.
- By Appointment: USD 46 for groups up to 10 people; USD 4 per person after the 10-person group.
Fort Pike State Historic Site Opening and Closing Hours
- Fridays: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm or by Appointment.
- Call the Baton Rouge Administrative Office to schedule a visit.
How To reach Fort Pike State Historic Site by Public Transport
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
- By Taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in New Orleans before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Orleans and book an accommodation of your choice.
Things to Know Before Visiting Fort Pike State Historic Site
0.47% of people who visit New Orleans include Fort Pike State Historic Site in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
40% of people start their Fort Pike State Historic Site visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Fort Pike State Historic Site
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Fort Pike State Historic Site
Fort Pike State Historic Site Map
Fort Pike State Historic Site Trips
Fort Pike State Historic Site, New Orleans Reviews
Visited this Fort in 2012. We had the place almost for ourselves, Beautiful fort, with great views. There was also a very friendly staff member (I can't remember his name, lovely man), who gave us a beautiful book about the fort, as we came all the way from Europe:-)
Good picnic place and see a historic fort.
Closed and all there was access to was a boat ramp.
Google's info is wrong. It appears that the park is closed to the public permanently. You can only make appointments . Please call the number before venturing out there
We we married on top of Fort Pike, on May 5th, 2001!!! Absolutely beautiful day!!
All QuestionsFort pike state historic site
Find places near Fort Pike State Historic Site, New Orleans
ATM 52250 Highway 901.491 km away
Crazy Al's Bar 26860 Chef Menteur Hwy0.532 km away
Ron Charles Restaurant-Lounge 90 HWY0.599 km away
Pomes Seafood 26064 Chef Menteur Hwy2.191 km away
- Riverside Fellowship
- Heritage Park
- Hays Performing Arts Center
- Jamestown First Bapt Church
- Jamestown United Methodist Church
- Welcome All Park
- Bible Baptist Church
- Lawrence Avenue Church Of Christ
- Naval Submarine Base
- Friendship Missionary Baptist Church
- St Paul Baptist Church
- St Peter's Lutheran Church
- Bnai Jacob Synagogue
- Lighthouse Worship Center
- Arena Dinner Theatre