French QuarterCurrently Open
- Address: New Orleans, LA, USA, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Family And Kids, Architecture , Neighborhoods
This region is also known as Vieux Carre and is said to be the oldest Neighbor of New Orleans. Facing towards Mississippi River, this quarter is considered as cultural hub for both locals and outsiders. History says that this region has amused renowned writers and artists like Mark Twain and John James Audubon. Presently the quarter has become a popular residence for many Hollywood celebrities.
The enchanting beauty, the magnificent architectural work on the buildings and warm locals with pleasant smile will tempt you to spend few hours in this colorful region of the city. Create a complete plan for your day around french quarter using New Orleans trip planner.
Entrance Ticket Details For French Quarter
- Entry is free.
French Quarter Hours
- The quarter is open for the whole day.
- Opening hours of the hotels and restaurants in this region may vary.
How to Reach French Quarter
- Dumaine tram station
- Toulouse tram station
- Decatur at St. Peter bus stop
- Nearby light rail station: N. Rampart at St Ann, French Market Station, Toulouse Station, N. Rampart at Esplanade (N)
- Cafe DuMonde
- Galvez Restaurant
- Tujague’s Restaurant
- Original French Market restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in New Orleans before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Orleans and book an accommodation of your choice.
25.1% of people who visit New Orleans include French Quarter in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
39.22% of people start their French Quarter visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see French Quarter
52% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting French Quarter