Gallier House, New Orleans
About Gallier House, New Orleans
Gallier House, New Orleans - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1132 Royal St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA
Ticket Price: 10 USD
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
Added 10.1K times in trip plans
Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Gallier House is a restored house designed and built by prominent architect James Gallier Jr. in the year 1860. Gallier’s modernistic innovations in engineering and architecture are seen throughout the property. A must see for architecture buffs.
Gallier House Information
- Not wheelchair accessible.
Gallier House Ticket Prices
- Adult- $12
- Seniors, children, students and Military- $10.
- Tour tickets usually starts from : 10 USD (for all)
- For update ticket price, check the official website.
Gallier House Opening and Closing Hours
- Wednesday group tours of 20 or more (by appointment only).
- Tours on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday : 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm & 2pm (and by appointment).
- Saturday: 12pm, 1pm, 2pm & 3pm.
- Closed on Wednesday and Sunday (open by appointment for groups of 25 or more on Wednesdays).
How To reach Gallier House by Public Transport
- Decatur at Barracks bus stop
- N. Rampart at Ursulines bus stop
- Ursulines tram station
Restaurants Near Gallier House
- Mona Lisa Restaurant
- CC’s Community coffee house
- Petite Amelie
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in New Orleans before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Orleans and book an accommodation of your choice.
Gallier House, New Orleans Reviews - Write a Review
One of my favorite things we did in Nola was tour this historic home. When you step inside it is breath taking. It was so interesting to learn about this family 's life in the 1800's and be immersed in it. Wonderful tour guide and liked the small group size.
Historical house well preserved. I love this type of thing, so this tour was lots of fun. Good tour guide.
Guide was great, all the sites were cool, history is fascinating but for the amount of money to tour it, you should be able to have some things you're hands on with. Not giving 5 stars because of the price.
Fantastic tour. Beautiful home
Nice historic spot but as with everything in Nola, needed maintenance and was run down
- Nearby Attractions
- New Orleans Fire Museum
- Pho Tau Bay Restaurant
- Bourbon Street Harley-davidson
- Rebellion Bar & Urban Kitchen
- Belfast Street
- 837 Bartholomew St
- Creole Queen Paddlewheeler
- Celebration Distillation: Old New Orleans Rum
- New Orleans Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in New Orleans
- What to See in 48 Hours in New Orleans
- What to See in 72 Hours in New Orleans
- How to Spend 5 Days in New Orleans
- How to Spend 6 Days in New Orleans
- How to Spend 7 Days in New Orleans