Gallier HouseCurrently Closed
- Address: 1132 Royal St, New Orleans, LA 70116, USA, 70116, United States
- Timings: 10:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-5045255661
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Social, Arts, Museums
The Gallier House is a restored house designed and built by prominent architect James Gallier Jr. in the year 1860. Gallier’s modernistic innovations in engineering and architecture are seen throughout the property. A must see for architecture buffs.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Adult- $12
- Seniors, children, students and Military- $10.
- Tour tickets usually starts from : 10 USD (for all)
- For update ticket price, check the official website.
- Wednesday group tours of 20 or more (by appointment only).
- Tours on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday : 10am, 11am, 12pm, 1pm & 2pm (and by appointment).
- Saturday: 12pm, 1pm, 2pm & 3pm.
- Closed on Wednesday and Sunday (open by appointment for groups of 25 or more on Wednesdays).
- Decatur at Barracks bus stop
- N. Rampart at Ursulines bus stop
- Ursulines tram station
- Mona Lisa Restaurant
- CC’s Community coffee house
- Petite Amelie
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in New Orleans before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Orleans and book an accommodation of your choice.
15.3% of people who visit New Orleans include Gallier House in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
62.5% of people start their Gallier House visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Gallier House
66.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Gallier House
Really good tour. Very informative and interesting.
I attended a lecture through one of the monthly "Gathering" events. It was really a good experience. The speaker was well informed and interesting. After the lecture, we all got a short tour of the house in "summer dress.". It was both informative and delightful.
Wonderful tour, beautiful furnishings. This is a great tour to give you an idea of what life would have been for this architect and his family. Restored to perfection and very educational tour and the least expensive tour I did while in New Orleans. Highly recommend if you love seeing old homes.
SUCH an amazing tour in an amazing part of the French Quarter! One of the most interesting tours, if you love architecture or history or interior design you will love this tour! A bonus is that the tour guides are extremely knowledgable and friendly!
One of the best historic tours we had in New Orleans.