How to Reach New Orleans
- By Air: The international airport at New Orleans is the Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport. Many destinations within USA as well as outside USA are well connected New Orleans because of this airport.
- By Train: The AMTRAK has its presence in New Orleans.
- By Bus: New Orleans is well connected to other states by the U.S.Route 90 (highway).
- The Tram system (more popularly known as ‘Streetcar’) in New Orleans is very well connected to major parts of the city.
- Other modes of transport include the RTA bus lines, taxis and bicycles. Pedicabs are a fun way to travel within the city.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in New Orleans. The most preferred mode of transport in New Orleans is Car.
Average distance: 21.58 km Average time: 36.47 min
Car 56.25%Driving 35 min Walking 0.78 min Overall average time for 33.48 kms 35.78 min
Tram/Streetcar 6.25%Tram 25 min Waiting 8 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 5.63 kms 38 min
Walking 25%Walking 38.75 min Driving 6.25 min Overall average time for 3.7 kms 45 min
Bike 6.25%Bike 7 min Overall average time for 2 kms 7 min
|Mandeville to New Orleans||0.66 km|
|Rosewood heights to New Orleans||1.25 km||1 mins|
|Marrero to New Orleans||3.2 km||3 mins|
|Covington to New Orleans||3.63 km||3 mins|
|Saint louis to New Orleans||5.84 km||5 mins|
|Tylertown to New Orleans||7.92 km||7 mins|
|Hernando to New Orleans||8.65 km||8 mins|
|Metairie to New Orleans||9.04 km||9 mins|
|Madisonville to New Orleans||9.5 km||9 mins|
|Brandon to New Orleans||9.51 km||9 mins|