Immaculate Conception Church, New Orleans
About Immaculate Conception Church, New Orleans
Immaculate Conception Church, New Orleans - Address, Phone Number
Address: 130 Baronne St, New Orleans, LA 70112, United States
Time Required: 00:30 Mins
Timings: 07:00 am - 08:00 pm Details
Added 20.6K times in trip plans
Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Immaculate Conception Church completed in the 1930’s resembles the original church built on the same ground in the 1850’s. The church and is loved for its Venetian Gothic Revival and Moorish Revival influenced design.
The stunning golden alter made in France gets your attention straight away as you enter the church and the beautiful stained-glass art and Byzantine revival touches- all come together to add to its beauty.
The highlights of the church are the alter and the Louisiana Cotton Exposition Organ.
Immaculate Conception Church Opening and Closing Hours
- Monday through Friday: 7:30 am, at 12.00 pm
- Saturday: 8.00 am, 4.00 pm (vigil mass)
- Sunday: 8.00 am, 9.30 am, 11.00 am, 7.30 pm
For other timings, visit the official website.
How To reach Immaculate Conception Church by Public Transport
- By Bus: Canal at Carondelet
- By Tram: Canal at Baronne (In)
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in New Orleans before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Orleans and book an accommodation of your choice.
Immaculate Conception Church, New Orleans Reviews - Write a Review
Got married here.. this church is beautiful and always holds a special place in my heart
Beautiful church inside and out. It is the only Jesuit church in Louisiana which makes it special in itself. Jesuits tend to be more liberal, while I am not Catholic myself I attended regularly with my wife who is but the reason I went was the priest. The Priest is great, never seen or heard anyone exemplify so genuinely the teachings of Jesus.
Beautiful, welcoming, parish.
Beautiful church that invites to pray
Very iconic church
- Nearby Attractions
- St. Mary's Assumption Church
- New Orleans Museum Of Art
- Gallery Orange
- The Sydney And Walda Besthoff Sculpture Garden
- Craig Tracy Gallery
- Contemporary Arts Center
- Ogden Museum Of Southern Art
- Barataria Preserve
- Jean Lafitte National Historical Park And Preserve
- Monument To The Immigrant
- New Orleans Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in New Orleans
- What to See in 48 Hours in New Orleans
- What to See in 72 Hours in New Orleans
- How to Spend 5 Days in New Orleans
- How to Spend 6 Days in New Orleans
- How to Spend 7 Days in New Orleans