Lafayette Cemetery No. 12525 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 1427 Washington Ave, New Orleans, LA 70130, United States
- Timings: 07:00 am - 03:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-5046583781
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Cemetery, Family And Kids
The Lafayette Cemetery No.1 is the resting place for many famous personalities including Judge Ferguson of the Plessy vs Ferguson, the Brunie family (known for their contribution to Jazz music) and Brigadier General Harry T. Hays who led the 1st Louisiana Brigade. Movies Double Jeopardy in 1999 and Dracula 2000 in 2000 are filmed at this cemetery. Take a walk around the cemetery to see the old tombs and if you are taking a local tour, you can get a rare peak into the culture and history of the place as well.
Entrance Ticket Details For Lafayette Cemetery No. 1
- Admission to the cemetery is free but a local tour operator will charge you for a tour.
Lafayette Cemetery No. 1 Hours
- Closed most major holidays.
- Guided tour takes around 90 minutes (approx.)
How to Reach Lafayette Cemetery No. 1
- By Bus: Magazine at Third Street
- By Train:St Charles at Sixth Street
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in New Orleans before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Orleans and book an accommodation of your choice.
36.87% of people who visit New Orleans include Lafayette Cemetery No. 1 in their plan
08 AM - 09 AM
63.17% of people start their Lafayette Cemetery No. 1 visit around 08 AM - 09 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Lafayette Cemetery No. 1
93% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Lafayette Cemetery No. 1
Lafayette Cemetery No. 1 Reviews & Ratings
HAVE THE REPAIRS TO LAFAYETTE CEMETERY No1 BEEN COMPLETED AND IS IT NOW OPEN AGAINAnswer Report Abuse
I would suggest calling the administration of Lafayette Cemetery No. 1 on 504-658-3781 to get the updated information.Report Abuse