Opened on December 16th 1911, the New Orleans Museum of Art is one of the oldest fine arts institutions in the country. The museum hosts a collection of around 40,000 objects. These include American Art, French, Japanese and African art, glass works and photographs. Make a comprehensive day trip around the New Orleans Museum of Art using New Orleans trip planner.
New Orleans Museum Of Art Travel Tips
- Cameras without tripods or flashes are allowed in the permanent collection galleries.
- Video cameras or recording are not allowed.
- Don’t touch the displayed artworks.
- Things like food, drinks, large bags, book bags pens and markers are not allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For New Orleans Museum Of Art
- Adults: 10.50 USD
- Seniors: 8.50 USD
- Children (7 – 12 years): 6.50 USD
- Children 6 and under: Free
- Wednesday: Free admission for Louisiana residents, courtesy of The Helis Foundation.
New Orleans Museum Of Art Hours
- Last admittance to the museum is 45 minutes before closing time.
- Timings may vary on holidays; check the official website for details.
How to Reach New Orleans Museum Of Art
- Museum of Art Tram
- Beauregard Circle Bus stop
- Morning Call Coffee Stand
- Cafe NOMA
- Timken Centre
- Courtyard Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in New Orleans before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Orleans and book an accommodation of your choice.
30.32% of people who visit New Orleans include New Orleans Museum Of Art in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
45% of people start their New Orleans Museum Of Art visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see New Orleans Museum Of Art
94.74% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting New Orleans Museum Of Art