New Orleans Pharmacy Museum, New Orleans
About New Orleans Pharmacy Museum, New Orleans
New Orleans Pharmacy Museum, New Orleans - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 514 Chartres St, New Orleans, LA 70130, United States
Ticket Price: 5 USD
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
Added 15.2K times in trip plans
Museum, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The New Orleans Pharmacy Museum occupies the apothecary of the first licensed Pharmacist in the country- Louis J. Dufilho, Jr.
Today the museum is spread across 2 floors and showcases methods of administration, variety of perfumes and other cosmetics, historic Voodoo potions, various medical instruments, historic prescriptions and other medical practices which are considered questionable today.
The place does have a rather eerie charm and if you like to see unique places, your curiosity will surge during your visit here.
New Orleans Pharmacy Museum Ticket Prices
- USD 5.00 for adults.
- USD 4.00 for students & seniors.
- Free for children under six.
New Orleans Pharmacy Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- For other timings, visit the official website.
- Guided tours at 1pm (Tuesday to Friday).
- Occasionally the museum closes early or open late due to tours and special events.
How To reach New Orleans Pharmacy Museum by Public Transport
- By Bus: N. Peters at St Louis
- By Tram: Toulouse Station
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in New Orleans before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Orleans and book an accommodation of your choice.
New Orleans Pharmacy Museum, New Orleans Reviews - Write a Review
Self-guided tour but with lots of information. Pretty good educational experience, especially for $5, but probably nothing you couldn't get from a documentary. Would have preferred a guided tour for a little more money but this was still pretty good.
I loved this museum. I was a pharmacy technician for 20+ years. So I found this place very interesting. It is $5 for a self paced, take all the time you want tour. You are free to go up to the second floor as well. They encourage you to take pictures. Great way to spend a couple hours.
One of my favorite attractions in Nola. Might be because I am in Healthcare but I thought this place was fascinating. The guy who gave the room tour at 1pm was quirky and entertaining and his stories really brought me back to the 1800's. Don't miss this place!
Very interesting and inexpensive. You can take as long as you like. Seeing the second floor requires navigating stairs so that may be a problem for some. But if you are interested in history, the oddities of old medicine, and to see how far we have progressed, this place is for you.
Very cool. A hidden gem in the French Quarter but worth the stop and $5 a person. Plenty to look at and read with cool history pieces as well.
- Nearby Attractions
- La Petite Grocery
- Frenchmen Deli & Grocery
- Confederacy Of Cruisers Bike Tours
- The Theatres At Canal Place
- The Westin New Orleans Canal Place
- Astor Crowne Plaza
- Harrah's New Orleans Hotel
- Homewood Suites By Hilton New Orleans French Quarter
- Intercontinental New Orleans
- New Orleans Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in New Orleans
- What to See in 48 Hours in New Orleans
- What to See in 72 Hours in New Orleans
- How to Spend 5 Days in New Orleans
- How to Spend 6 Days in New Orleans
- How to Spend 7 Days in New Orleans