Prytania Theatre, New Orleans
About Prytania Theatre, New Orleans
Prytania Theatre, New Orleans - Address, Phone Number
Address: 5339 Prytania St, New Orleans, LA 70115, United States
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Added 203 times in trip plans
Entertainment, Stage Show, Theatre, Family And Kids
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Prytania Theatre is the oldest single-screen movie theatre in Louisiana and still operates to show trending movies as well as some old classics and timeless movies. The theatre is featured in the novels "The Movie Goer" and "A Confederacy of Dunces" and its popularity seems to grow everyday!
Watching a movie here in the theatre built in 1910 juxtaposed against the trending modern movies, is a rare experience and if you truly want to explore the hidden-favourites in the city of New Orleans , you cannot miss watching a show here.
Prytania Theatre Ticket Prices
- Ticket prices vary per show. Visit the official website for precise ticket prices and bookings of trending shows.
Prytania Theatre Opening and Closing Hours
- Show timings vary. Visit the officialwebsite for timings of trending shows.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 11am – 11pm
- Wednesday & Sunday: 10am – 11pm
- Friday & Saturday: 11am – 1am
How To reach Prytania Theatre by Public Transport
- By Bus: Magazine at Jefferson
- By Tram: St Charles at Valmont
- By renting a Car/ Bike.
- By Taxi.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in New Orleans before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New Orleans and book an accommodation of your choice.
Prytania Theatre, New Orleans Reviews - Write a Review
Nice theater in what seemed like a quiet neighborhood. Came for an event, which I thoroughly enjoyed but felt like the theater was not quite fully on board with. No stadium seating so there may be a few heads in the way of your view. But it's BYOB!
This has always been a dream of mine. To have a local movie theater where you still feel like it has the magic you saw as a kid. It's nostalgia and unique events make this a place I will always remember. May it continue always.
Great theater with a wonderful history and a vintage feel inside. We saw an Alfred Hitchcock classic and it was great! There is balcony seating which is unique and we had an announcer who gave film details before our film began. The tickets were reasonably priced at about $6 and there were coffee, soda, popcorn, and other concessions available.
Greatest movie theater of all time. Single screen, old school feel. In the heart of uptown new orleans. Always special showings. It's just the coolest
One of the only old school theatres left in the state. Really cool place and it's the same picture quality as a new theater.
- Nearby Attractions
- Carousel Gardens Amusement Park
- Voodoo Spiritual Temple
- House Of Broel's Victorian Mansion And Doll House Museum
- Our Lady Of Guadalupe Chapel
- Washington Artillery Park And Moonwalk
- Fair Grounds Race Course & Slots
- The Shops At Jax Brewery
- Madame John's Legacy
- New Canal Lighthouse
- Rodrigue Studio
- New Orleans Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in New Orleans
- What to See in 48 Hours in New Orleans
- What to See in 72 Hours in New Orleans
- How to Spend 5 Days in New Orleans
- How to Spend 6 Days in New Orleans
- How to Spend 7 Days in New Orleans