Visit New York City - Best of New York City
New York City is very popular city and most stylish tourist destination in the United States. It is the city of many names like “The Big Apple”, “The City That Never Sleeps”, and “Gotham City”. According to the world economy, it is said to be the richest city in America. The existence of the famous Wall Street proves the fact. The city has inspired lots of classic songs e.g. “New York, New York” by Frank Sinatra and "Empire State of Mind" by Jay-Z. Many celebrities live in New York City and lots of TV Shows and movies filmed on location New York City. Also, Broadway theatres in Manhattan attract some of the most high-profile actors from Hollywood. The New York City announced that it has been approved for its own geographic top-level domain (.nyc) which will allow New Yorkers and visitors to easily find traveling information and other information online. Hence, New York has proved itself as a center of fun, entertainment, knowledge and money. Explore more about this city by taking the best New York City tours available in the list.
Another important feature that you cannot miss out of this city is it’s culinary. With a large number of restaurants serving cuisines from all corners of the world, New York has once again proved itself as the ‘Culinary capital’ of America. All credit goes to the immigration history of the city which has brought people from different regions across the globe. Each one of you should visit New York City at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit New York City. Check out things to do in NYC and New York City Itinerary 3 Days for a memorable trip to new york.
New York City Travel Tips
Essential travel information and New York City tips for your visit
- Avoid driving car in New York. This is because, street parking is almost non-existent near the crowded areas and New York City tourist attractions.
- While walking along the street keep moving. Don’t stand in the way of other people who are in hurry.
- If you are using the subway line frequently, buy a SmartLink card.
Check all New York City tours available in the list before you go for booking any.
- Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone
- Currency: United States Dollar (USD)
- Electricity & Internet: Voltage is between 110 volts to 220 volts with 60Hz.
- Languages: English is the official language of New York.
- Security: 911 is for fire, medical emergency, accident, crime and person in trouble. Avoid travelling subway at night.
- Off-beaten Path: See the Standing Bull statue in front of Bowling Green park.
- Tipping: Tipping is expected in the restaurants. New York often calculate the base tip by doubling the tax.
- Tourist Traps: Beware of the odd characters in the Times Square who would like to pose with you and will ask $2/3 in return. Don’t opt for the tour buses to see the city.
- Customs: Expensive hotels do follow dress code.
Are you looking for a New York City travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
New York City Tourist Information
- Parks And Gardens
- Amusement Parks
- Bowling Spots
- Casinos And Gaming
- Dog Parks
- Convenience Stores
- Internet Cafes
- Burger Shops
- Chinese Restaurants
- Fast Foods
- Italian Restaurants
- Mexican Restaurants
- Pizza Shops
- Thai Restaurants
- Vegan Restaurants
- Food Trucks
- Gas Stations
- Bus Stations
- Rail Stations
New York City Itineraries
New York City Tours for you
The best tours and activities in the city, guided by experts to give you a local insight to the best of New York City
Save 10%Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island Tour176 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs 30 Mins
Get up close and personal with Ellis Island and the Statue of Liberty on this 4.5-hour tour of two New York City legendary la...
Save 13%Big Bus New York Hop-On Hop-Off Tour891 Reviews
Hop on and hop off at more than 30 stops around New York City with an open-top Big Bus tour, and visit NYC attractions at you...
Save 11%NYC One World Observatory Skip-the-Line Ticket522 Reviews
There are a million things to experience in New York City, but this is one in a million. Located at the top three floors of t...
Save 10%9/11 Memorial and Ground Zero Walking Tour with Optional 9/11 Museum17 Reviews
Duration: 4 Hrs
Take an in depth and meaningful visit to the 9/11 Memorial and World Trade Center area where your guide will point out detail...
Popular Hotels in New York CityView all Hotels in New York City
More about New York City
What To Do On New Year's Eve 2017 In New York City
- Undoubtedly the most exciting city of USA, come New Year’s Eve and the excitement goes a notch higher. As the clock strikes 12, the world wants to witness the dazzling lights and bustling energy of Times Square. One of the hottest New Year’s Eve parties, and more than that a long-driven tradition. With an estimated one million people, present live and over a billion watching throughout the world, the famous New Year's Eve Ball descends atop One Times Square. But there is a plethora of other activities and events that New York holds, to make for a memorable New Year’s Eve. Whether you want a free, low-key night watching fireworks in Central Park, or you want to shell out big bucks to don a black-tie attire at the Rainbow Room, the Big Apple has got you covered.
Christmas Markets In NYC - Holidays Beckon, It's Shopping Time!
- Chestnuts roasting on an open fire,
Jack Frost nipping at your nose.
Yuletide carols being sung by a choir,
And folks dressed up like Eskimos!
Here's A Ride To The Best Christmas Trees In New York City!
- Glimmering lights, shimmering embellishments and a twinkling star at the top of a conifer! Oh, how this spirit of Christmas warms me on cold wintery days. As the chilly breeze starts biting, I start looking forward to this festival of glitter. While the midnight mass, melodious carols, Santa Claus, gifts, and a cozy time with family lie at the heart of Christmas, I have always believed that a Christmas tree is the quintessence of this joyous festival.
Like any human around the world who wants to visit New York to find love, life, and all that dazzles, I hold this reverie close to my heart of hopping around to view all the best Christmas trees in NYC. Take a look at my list and jump on the bandwagon for a fun sleigh ride.
1. Rockefeller Center Christmas Tree - The
Facts and Stats for New York City*
Pollution Statistics in New York City
Know the pollution level of New York City before you plan your visit.
Air Pollution 53.69 (Moderate)
Water Pollution 49.55 (Moderate)
Noise and Light Pollution 67.32 (High)
Unattended dirt and garbage 63.15 (High)
Drinking Water Pollution and Inaccessibility 28.26 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Garbage Disposal 53.13 (Moderate)
Dissatisfaction to Spend Time in the City 37.18 (Low)
Dissatisfaction with Green zones and parks 32.02 (Low)
New York City: Crime and Safety
How safe is New York City for tourists? Understand risks and safety concerns that can hamper your travel experience in New York City.
Burglary and Theft 37.25 (Low)
Mugging and Robbery 44.66 (Moderate)
Assault and Armed Robbery 46.69 (Moderate)
Corruption and Bribery 51.34 (Moderate)
Car Stealing 35.25 (Low)
Robbery of Car belongings 44.65 (Moderate)
Attacks 40.32 (Moderate)
Drug offense 53.95 (Moderate)
Safety walking alone during daylight 76.28 (High)
Safety walking alone during night 52.77 (Moderate)
Insulting and offensive behaviour 48.69 (Moderate)
Hate crime due to Racism, Religion, ethnic origin 34.64 (Low)
Property crimes and Vandalism 50.82 (Moderate)
Living in New York City - Quality of Life
Quality of Life Index of New York City is 139.74 (High)
Safety Index 56.08 (Moderate)
Climate Index 79.66 (High)
Pollution Index 56.65 (Moderate)
Traffic Commute Time Index 43.08 (Moderate)
Cost of Living Index 100 (High)
Health Care Index 63.96 (High)
Property Price to Income Ratio 11.13 (Moderate)
Purchasing Power Index 100 (High)
Indices such as Quality of life, Climate & Healthcare index are good to be high whereas others such as Property price, Traffic & Cost of living Index are good to be low.
Cost for Essentials in New York City
Here's how much it will cost to shop in New York City
Local calling per minute on Prepaid mobile 0.09 USD
International Movie per seat 16 USD
Summer clothing in a chain store 40.43 USD
Pair of Basic Nike Shoes 83.45 USD
Pair of Basic Levis Jeans 50.95 USD
*Stats and figures mentioned are crowd-sourced and subjected to change without notice.