New York City Tourism
New York City is very popular city and most stylish tourist destination in the United States. It is the city of many names like “The Big Apple”, “The City That Never Sleeps”, and “Gotham City”. According to the world economy, it is said to be the richest city in America. The existence of the famous Wall Street proves the fact. The city has inspired lots of classic songs e.g. “New York, New York” by Frank Sinatra and "Empire State of Mind" by Jay-Z. Many celebrities live in New York City and lots of TV Shows and movies filmed on location New York City. Also, Broadway theatres in Manhattan attract some of the most high-profile actors from Hollywood. The New York City announced that it has been approved for its own geographic top-level domain (.nyc) which will allow New Yorkers and visitors to easily find traveling information and other information online. Hence, New York has proved itself as a center of fun, entertainment, knowledge and money. Explore more about this city by taking the best New York City tours available in the list.
Another important feature that you cannot miss out of this city is it’s culinary. With a large number of restaurants serving cuisines from all corners of the world, New York has once again proved itself as the ‘Culinary capital’ of America. All credit goes to the immigration history of the city which has brought people from different regions across the globe. Each one of you should visit New York City at least once and experience all that it has to offer considering the best time to visit New York City. Check out things to do in NYC and New York City Itinerary 3 Days for a memorable trip to new york.
Essential travel information and New York City tips for your visit
- Avoid driving car in New York. This is because, street parking is almost non-existent near the crowded areas and New York City tourist attractions.
- While walking along the street keep moving. Don’t stand in the way of other people who are in hurry.
- If you are using the subway line frequently, buy a SmartLink card.
Check all New York City tours available in the list before you go for booking any.
- Time Zone: Eastern Time Zone
- Currency: United States Dollar (USD)
- Electricity & Internet: Voltage is between 110 volts to 220 volts with 60Hz.
- Languages: English is the official language of New York.
- Security: 911 is for fire, medical emergency, accident, crime and person in trouble. Avoid travelling subway at night.
- Off-beaten Path: See the Standing Bull statue in front of Bowling Green park.
- Tipping: Tipping is expected in the restaurants. New York often calculate the base tip by doubling the tax.
- Tourist Traps: Beware of the odd characters in the Times Square who would like to pose with you and will ask $2/3 in return. Don’t opt for the tour buses to see the city.
- Customs: Expensive hotels do follow dress code.
New York City Trip Planner
Plan your customized day by day trip plan for New York City. Choose from various experinces categories as adventure, romantic and family and kids friendly for your trip using using New York City trip planner.
Looking for a triphobo food tour in NYC-the W Village or Greenwich Village or ChinatownAnswer Report Abuse
Hi, Judith! You can check this extensive list of food and nightlife tours in NYC. You will find different tours including the ones for Chinatown and Greenwich Village. Here are some of the popular tours for you -
- Best Of Brooklyn Half-Day Food Tour
- Chinatown And Little Italy Food Fest
- High Line Park And Greenwich Village Food Tour