65th StreetCurrently Open
- Address: 165 W 65th St, New York, New York 10023, New York City, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-2128755610
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Entertainment, Performance, Theatre, Cinema, Exhibition , Festival
The film Society of Lincoln Center has various theaters situated along the 65th Street between Broadway and Amsterdam Ave. Known majorly for the New York Film Festival, this society is basically a platform for film presentation and was established in 1969. It was mainly an initiative undertaken to celebrate independent film makers and raise awareness about American film makers as well as gems of International cinema. Over the years, it has also become a preferred venue for a lot of high profile events specially the ones related to the art of film making. Some really big names in the industry such as Wes Anderson, Jean-Luc Godard, Martin Scorsese, Pedro Almodóvar have been introduced to the world through this society. The society holds shows and movies 365 days a year in the Elinor Bunin Munroe Film Center and Walter Reade Theater. You can procure tickets from these places situated at the address given. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following New York City itinerary 5 days.
65th Street Travel Tips
- Do try to visit during the New York Film Festival.
- Do not be late for the shows and disturb people around you.
Entrance Ticket Details For 65th Street
- Please find out from the official website.
65th Street Hours
- Box offices open one half hour before the first screening and close 15 minutes after the start of the last show. Please find out about the exact schedule from the main website.
- The timings mentioned are those of box office only. Your visit time shall depend upon the timings of the show that you book for.
How to Reach 65th Street
- The M5, M7, M10, M11, M66 and M104 bus lines all stop within one block of Lincoln Center.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in New York City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New York City and book an accommodation of your choice.
5.39% of people who visit New York City include 65th Street in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
38.1% of people start their 65th Street visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 3 Hrs to see 65th Street
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting 65th Street