The Battery Park holds a very prominent place on the historical as well as the tourist map of New York. Castle Garden, which is situated inside the Park, was the world’s first to become an immigrant depot in 1855. It is much older than Ellis Island or Statue of Liberty. Much before their construction, millions of newcomers arrived at The Battery from Europe and various other places in the world.
Although it is no more used to get inside New York, it is still flocked by various tourists to get a glimpse of the rich past of New York. There are concerts held on the ground here in the summers and all year round you can take the ferries from the docks here to get to Ellis Island or Statue of Liberty.
The flower gardens and the Waterfront are too beautiful to miss. If you love to explore the city on your foot and do not know where to start then the southern tip of this park is an ideal start point for various walking tours of the city. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following New York City itinerary 7 days.
Battery Park Travel Tips
- Dog waste must be disposed of in containers provided throughout the Park.
- Dogs may not drink from Park fountains (special dog fountains soon to be provided).
- Dogs are not permitted in the gardens, the lawns, or the playground.
- Definitely eat at the food stalls located, it completes your experience.
Entrance Ticket Details For Battery Park
- Find out about the prices for ferry rides.
Battery Park Hours
- Find out about the ferry rides schedule. Open daily from Sunrise(the time may vary daily)-1 am.
How to Reach Battery Park
- Nearest Bus: M5, M15, M15 Select Bus Service, M20 to South Ferry.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in New York City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New York City and book an accommodation of your choice.
8.21% of people who visit New York City include Battery Park in their plan
1 PM - 2 PM
41.49% of people start their Battery Park visit around 1 PM - 2 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Battery Park
60.87% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Battery Park