Brooklyn Botanical Garden2052 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 455 Flatbush Avenue, 990 Washington Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11225, New York City, United States
- Timings: 08:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +718-6237200
- Ticket Price: 15 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Garden, Botanical Garden
Brooklyn Botanical Garden is probably the most famous and most beautiful garden in the New York City. It’s a nice place to get-away from city life. The Garden has more than 200 Cherry trees of forty-two Asian species and cultivated varieties, making it one of the foremost cherry-viewing sites outside Japan. It is situated on 52-acres in the heart of Brooklyn. Thirteen gardens, six flower collections, and a conservatory with multiple environments to explore welcome over 7,25,000 visitors annually.
The greenhouses are beautifully arranged and take the visitors on little journey’s through the Rainforest and the Dessert. Every spring, crowds descend on the space for the Sakura Matsuri Festival, during which many trees bloom along the Cherry Esplanad.
Other popular festivals are Chile Pepper Festival: August and Ghouls & Gourds – October. You can also see Shakespeare Garden, Magnolia Plaza, Lily Pool Terrace, Steinhardt Conservatory, Cranford Rose Garden features 5,000 bushes of 1,200 varieties of America's favorite flower, and several other gardens also delight the senses, including a rock garden, daffodil hill and herb garden.
Tips for visitors
- Grab a map- it will help you plan your route and make the most of your visit. They're available free at the entrance.
- Eating- Aside from water bottles and baby bottles, no outside food may be brought into the Brooklyn Botanic Garden. Visitors can purchase and enjoy refreshments at the Terrace Cafe. No picnicking is allowed at BBG.
- The Cherry Esplanade is the only place in the BBG where visitors are allowed to sit on the lawn.
- Don't miss the Garden Gift Shop - they have wonderful gifts for people who love to garden.
- No smoking is allowed in the garden.
The beautiful Brooklyn Botanical Garden New York tourist attraction added in New York 4 Day Itinerary
Entrance Ticket Details For Brooklyn Botanical Garden
- $10 for adults, $5 for seniors and students; free admission for members and for children under 12 years.
- Admission is free on Tuesdays, Winter Weekdays (early Nov-early March); and 10:00 am to noon on Saturdays (except during special events).
- Admission prices are higher during special events.
How to Reach Brooklyn Botanical Garden
- Prospect Park Station
- Cafe Enduro - Tacos
- La Villa – Pasta
- New Dragon Kitchen – Chinese food
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in New York City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New York City and book an accommodation of your choice.
5.61% of people who visit New York City include Brooklyn Botanical Garden in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
55% of people start their Brooklyn Botanical Garden visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Brooklyn Botanical Garden
92.86% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Brooklyn Botanical Garden