Ellis IslandCurrently Open
- Address: Ellis Island, New York, NY 07305, 07305, New York City, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +212-3633200
- Fax: +1-2123636302
- Ticket Price: 17 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Art Gallery, Island, Landmark, Historical Site, Exhibition , Landmarks, Historic And Protected Sites
Ellis Island is regarded as one of the most popular attractions in the city of New York. It is located in Manhattan, and is surrounded by famous landmarks like Statue of Liberty and Empire State Building. Today, this island is an immigration museum and is also part of Statue of Liberty National Monument. You can enjoy self guided tours in which you can have a great view of various artifacts, prints, photographs, videos, oral histories, interactive displays, temporary exhibits and much more.
The American Immigrant Wall of Honor exhibits the names of 6,00,000 men and women who passed through Ellis Island on the way to their new home. Ellis Island is a great source of inspiration for the arts including film, literature and music.
History behind Ellis Island is, from 1892 to 1954, Ellis Island was the immigrant gateway to America. More than 12 million people would arrive here on the way to their new life in a new country. Many had little or no money, some were ill; others had family waiting for them on the other side of the gate. The stories are many and varied, but all arrived hoping for something different and better than what they had in their homeland. Ellis Island New York tourist attraction added in the New York City Itinerary 5 Day and 2 Weeks in New York City Itinerary
- Ellis Island begins closing 30 minutes prior to the closing ferry departure.
- Access to the Ellis Island Immigration Museum and the grounds surrounding the Main Building is free.
- There is no charge for admission to the museum; however access requires the purchase of a ferry ticket that includes the price of audio tours.
- Free for children Under 4 years of age.
- Children 4-12 Years: $9
- Adults 13+ Years: $17
- Seniors 62+ Years: $14
- 09:30 am - 05:00pm (extended hours in the summer).
- Ferries run every 40 minutes, but more ferries run from late spring into early fall.
- South Ferry
- Bowling Green
- The Ritz
- Carlton New York
- Battery Park
- Double Tree by Hilton New York City
- Financial District
- New York Marriott Downtown
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in New York City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New York City and book an accommodation of your choice.
68.26% of people who visit New York City include Ellis Island in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
55.3% of people start their Ellis Island visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Ellis Island
65.06% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Ellis Island