How to Reach New York City, New York
The Easiest Way to Reach New York City
HOW TO GET TO NEW YORK
- By Air: Two major international airports serves flights to/ from New York to almost every corner of the world. They are John F. Kennedy International Airport and Newark Liberty International Airport. John F. Kennedy International Airport has connecting railways – JFK AirTrain. MTA NYC buses also serve from the airport. Newark Liberty International Airport is connected with the center of the city via AirTrain Newark rail, New Jersey Transit Bus – 62 and other NJT buses. LaGuardia Airport is the domestic airport of New York. From this airport, local buses are there to reach the city.
- By Rail: Amtrak operates from New York Penn Station and serves major points along the east coast like Boston, Washington D.C., Philadelphia, Baltimore, New Haven and Providence.
- By Bus: Buses to/ from New Jersey, Boston, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania are available to reach New York.
- By Car: If you are coming by car, you can take main routes like: L-76/L-78 from western New Jersey; L-80 from Midwest and Western United States; L-87 from Upstate New York and Montreal, Canada; L-95 from eastern seaboard of the United States.
- By Boat: New York has always been an important passenger sea port in the world.
HOW TO GET AROUND NEW YORK
- By Buses and Subways: Public buses and subways are available to travel around the city. You can find lots of NYC tours to explore the city on bus.
- By PATH(Port Authority Trans-Hudson): This subway is convenient to travel within the city.
- By Commuter Rail: Commuter rails are used to travel to/ from the city to/from the suburban region.
- By Taxi: Yellow cabs and Green Boro cabs are there to move around the city.
- By Ferry: Staten Island Ferry, New York Waterway and New York Water Taxi serves ferry service to different points of the city.
- By Car: you can move in a car if you know the parking regions quite well.
Are you looking for a New York City travel itinerary? Create an itinerary within minutes, on your own!
Modes of Transportation in New York City
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in New York City. The most preferred mode of transport in New York City is Train/Metro.
Average distance: 17.43 km Average time: 43.13 min
Train/Metro 48.75%Train 31.79 min Walking 9.21 min Waiting 4.92 min Other 0.08 min Overall average time for 15.52 kms 46 min
Walking 13.75%Walking 17.77 min Driving 2.75 min Train 1.45 min Bus 1.36 min Waiting 1.19 min Bike 0.04 min Other 0.01 min Overall average time for 3.65 kms 24.57 min
Bus/Trolleybus 2.5%Bus 52.5 min Train 15 min Waiting 10 min Walking 5 min Overall average time for 25.75 kms 82.5 min
Car 20%Driving 44.25 min Walking 0.25 min Overall average time for 32.69 kms 44.5 min
Bike 5%Bike 26.25 min Other 13 min Walking 1.75 min Overall average time for 8.85 kms 41 min
How to Reach New York City from Nearby Cities
|Holley Associates to New York City||1.93 km||1 mins|
|Hoboken to New York City||3.09 km||3 mins|
- How to reach Jersey City
- How to reach Newark
- How to reach New Haven
- How to reach Philadelphia
- How to reach Atlantic City
- How to reach Hartford
- How to reach Lancaster
- How to reach Hershey
- How to reach Providence
- How to reach Miami
- How to reach Los Angeles
- How to reach Chicago
- How to reach Las Vegas
- How to reach San Francisco
- How to reach Seattle