Morris-jumel Mansion18 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 65 Jumel Terrace, New York, New York 10032, USA, 10032, New York City, United States Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2129238008
- Fax: +1-2129238947
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 00:40 Mins
- Tags: Historical Site, Mansion, Landmarks, Historic And Protected Sites
With over 200 years of history preserved in its walls, the Morris-jumel mansion celebrates New York like no other place in the city. The house itself dates back to 1765 and was originally designed in true Palladian style. The place was later bought by Stephen Jumel and re-designed by his wife Eliza Jumel to embrace Federal styled elements with classic Georgian interiors.
The story of the house is incomplete without the story of Eliza who upon the death of her husband Stephen married ex-vice president Aaron Burr in the parlor of this very home. She later divorced Aaron Burr and was known to be very eccentric towards the end of her life. The mansion oozes her personality more than anyone else’s and even today, the sheer history behind the place, is hard to ignore. Throughout its past, the place has hosted some of the most iconic figures in American history including Thomas Jefferson, John Quincy Adams and Alexander Hamilton among others.
Do observe the fine furnishing that make the soul of the place and travel back in time as you see the personal artifacts belonging to Roger Morris, George Washington, Eliza Jumel and Aaron Burr.
Entrance Ticket Details For Morris-jumel Mansion
- Adults: USD 10
- Seniors/Students: USD 8
- Children under 12: Free
- Members: Free
How to Reach Morris-jumel Mansion
- Subway/ Metro: 163 St - Amsterdam Av
- Bus: Edgecombe Av/w 160 St
- By Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in New York City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New York City and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Morris-jumel Mansion Address: 65 Jumel Terrace, New York, New York 10032, USA, 10032, New York City, United States
- Morris-jumel Mansion Contact Number: +1-2129238008
- Morris-jumel Mansion Timing: 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Morris-jumel Mansion Price: 10 USD
- Time required to visit Morris-jumel Mansion: 00:40 Mins
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
0.04% of people who visit New York City include Morris-jumel Mansion in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
90.91% of people start their Morris-jumel Mansion visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see Morris-jumel Mansion
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Morris-jumel Mansion
People normally club together Yankee Stadium and Bronx Hall Of Fame while planning their visit to Morris-jumel Mansion.