Neue Gallery383 Votes Currently Closed
- Address: 1048 5th Avenue, New York, NY 10028, United States, New York City
- Timings: 11:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2126286200
- Ticket Price: 22 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Art Museums, Museums, Heritage Building
Neue Galerie, situated in the city of New York is a beautiful museum dedicated to early twentieth-century Austrian and German design and art. The entire collection is spread out on two floors. The galleries on the second floor are completely devoted to art from Vienna circa 1900. It in a way explores the beautiful connection between the fine arts (of Egon Schiele, Richard Gerstl, Gustav Klimt, Alfred Kubin and Oskar Kokoschka) and the decorative arts which were created at the Wiener Werkstätte by well-known artists of the mentioned century.
Neue Gallery Travel Tips
- Children under 12 are not admitted.
- Children aged 12-16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Strollers and baby carriages are only permitted on the ground floor and lower level.
- Student identification must be validated and current.
- The museum is open to the public free from 6 to 8 p.m.on the first Friday of every month.
- All four levels of the building are wheelchair accessible.
Entrance Ticket Details For Neue Gallery
- General $20
- Students and seniors (65 and older) $10
How to Reach Neue Gallery
- Nearest Train: 4, 5 or 6 Train to 86th Street (at Lexington Avenue). Nearest Bus: M86 to 86th Street (at Fifth Avenue).
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in New York City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New York City and book an accommodation of your choice.
1.08% of people who visit New York City include Neue Gallery in their plan
37.5% of people start their Neue Gallery visit around 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Neue Gallery
86.67% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Neue Gallery
Neue Gallery Reviews & Ratings
I went to see the Klimt exhibit. They wouldn't allow photography in the Museum so I had to settle for a duplicate of the Adele painting they kept for the museums patrons to photograph. Stopped in the Cafe for some coffee and cake before leaving. Very good
A place that make me nostalgic to Vienna Austria, love it, yummy coffee, great authentic desserts! Rustic seating how can I not love it! And great great art!
It's my second time visiting Neue Galerie. It's such a nice pleasure to be able to enjoy Klimt's painting. And the gift shop also has nice selections of art books and posters.
Attended a 3:30 tour offered Friday to Monday. Seemed popular and provided history of the Adele and Weimar portraits. Otherwise, short visit and lacked history behind the artifacts. Very kind and welcoming admissions staff. No bottled water or photos except first floor.
Nice little gallery with several Klimt pieces (including the famous one from the film, Woman in Gold) and a great cafe that feels like a classic Viennese cafe. Very near the Met, it's worth stopping by if you're museum hopping.