New-york Historical Society Tours
About New-york Historical Society, New York City
The New-York Historical Society, one of America’s pre-eminent cultural institutions, is dedicated to fostering research, presenting history and art exhibitions, and public programs that reveal the dynamism of history and its influence on today’s world. Founded in 1804, New-York Historical is the oldest museum in New York City.
New-York Historical has a mission to explore the richly layered political, cultural and social history of New York City and State and the nation, and to serve as a national forum for the discussion of issues surrounding the making and meaning of history.
New-York Historical is recognized for engaging the public with deeply researched and far-ranging exhibitions, such as Alexander Hamilton: The Man Who Made Modern America; Slavery in New York; Nature and the American Vision: The Hudson River School at the New-York Historical Society; Grant and Lee in War and Peace; and the 2009 exhibition Lincoln and New York.
Supporting these exhibitions and related education programs are one of the world’s greatest collections of historical artifacts, works of American art, and other materials documenting the history of the United States and New York.
This is one of the most visited and important places in New York, which offers a lot of things for the enthusiastic travelers who want to explore historic and social significances of the city.
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in New York City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New York City and book an accommodation of your choice.
New-york Historical Society Information
- The first weekend of the month is free.
- Tips & Warnings: Don’t miss the exhibition of Audubon paints and collection of tiffany lamps.
New-york Historical Society Tickets Prices
- Adults - $18; Teachers and Seniors - $14; Students - $12 ; Children (5-13 years) - $6 and Children (4 and under) are free.
New-york Historical Society Opening and Closing Hours
- Patricia d. Klingenstein Library (Summer Timings – Memorial day through Labor Day) Tuesday to Friday: 09:00 am to 03:00 pm; Saturday to Monday: Closed.
How To Get To New-york Historical Society by Public Transport
- Penn Station
- Central Park West bus stop
Restaurants Near New-york Historical Society
- Estiatorio En Plo - Seafood Cesca
- Italian food Gray’s Papaya – Hot Dogs
Book New-york historical society Tickets And Tours
The New York City Explorer Pass is the best choice for maximum savings and flexibility. Save up to 45% off retail prices on admission to 3, 4, 5, 7, or 10 New York activities and attractions of your choice from over 50 options. Valid up to 30 days. Explore the Big Apple with this NYC explorer pass.
Gain a deeper understanding of the events surrounding the attacks on the World Trade Center on September 11, 2001, and the acts of heroism that rallied a nation on this 1.5 hour walking tour of Ground Zero. A certified guide with a personal connection to the events shares firsthand stories as you explore the site of the former World Trade Center and the National 9/11 Memorial, where you can pay tribute to the lives lost. Choose to upgrade and add on a ticket to the 9/11 Museum to see artifacts associated with that fateful day.
The World Trade Center once stood tall and prominent, one of the world’s largest financial complexes and a symbol of New York City. This New York City walking tour takes you around Ground Zero to explore both the past and future of the World Trade Center. Visit the Ground Zero site and Financial district including the New York Stock Exchange, Wall Street and the Federal Reserve Bank. For a comprehensive look into the events of September 11, add admission to the 9/11 Memorial Museum. Whichever option you choose, this tour offers an unforgettable experience as you hear stories of the heroes of 9/11 and how New York City rose from the ashes of tragedy to flourish once more.
Leave the hustle and bustle of New York City behind and enjoy a relaxing 2-day overnight trip to Niagara Falls. You'll travel to upstate New York by bus and visit both the American and Canadian sides of the falls to discover the majestic beauty of Niagara! The following day, you'll enjoy premium outlet shopping on the way back to New York. This overnight tour is a must-do when visiting New York City!
Share your experience - Rate New-York Historical Society, New York City
If you're looking for a bit of New York history there's no place you should visit first. Inexpensive easy to reach and right in the heart of Central Park. Friendly and informative staff. You'll be amazed at how much our past paved the way for the country we live in today. Enjoy
Medium sized museum with quite a few interesting collections. Also has pay as your want day.
I've only been to their shop and cafe- very peaceful and great for a break after going through the galleries. I love how neatly the goods are displayed and the employees are so helpful. Baked goods are delicious and surprisingly priced like a normal coffee shop!
Great museum with neat artifacts, interesting art, and helpful staff. I enjoyed the WW1 art exhibit and, suprisingly, the childrens museum the most. It's in a great location too.
Eclectic grab bag of stuff. Some rotating historical exhibits and some really fun stuff, including a gorgeous and massive collection of Tiffany lamps on the top floor.
- Other Attractions
- Uss Midway Museum
- San Diego Zoo
- Balboa Park
- La Jolla Cove
- Petco Park
- Sunset Cliffs Natural Park
- Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery
- Mount Soledad
- La Jolla Shores
- Torrey Pines Gliderport
- Hotels for other Attractions
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Uss Midway Museum
- Hotels Near San Diego Zoo
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Balboa Park
- Cheap Hotels Near La Jolla Cove
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Petco Park
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Sunset Cliffs Natural Park
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Fort Rosecrans National Cemetery
- 4 Star Hotels Hotels Near Mount Soledad
- Luxury Hotels Near La Jolla Shores
- 3 Star Hotels Hotels Near Torrey Pines Gliderport
- City Tripplans
- New York City Itinerary 7 Days
- New York City Itinerary 5 Days
- New York City Itinerary 3 Days
- New York City Itinerary 6 Days
- New York City Itinerary 4 Days
- New York City Itinerary 2 Days
- USA East Coast Itinerary 12 Days
- New York City Itinerary 1 Day
- United States Itinerary 15 Days
- New York City Itinerary 14 Days - 2 Weeks in NYC