Solomon R Guggenheim Museum, New York City
About Solomon R Guggenheim Museum, New York City
Solomon R Guggenheim Museum, New York City - Address, Phone Number, Ticket Price
Address: 1071 5th Ave, New York, NY 10128
Ticket Price: 22 USD
Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
Timings: 10:00 am - 05:45 pm Details
Added 96.6K times in trip plans
Art And Culture, Art Museum, Museum, Family And Kids, Architecture , Sculpture
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
While you are in New York, you should make it one of your top priorities to visit this museum. Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum has overtime established itself as a great Art museum. Even though it is a modern building, due to its construction it looks very historical and marvelous. It has been rating quite high with the visitors and has been a hit with the tourists ever since it began. Flocking with people from different walks of life and different parts of the world, this museum has time and again proved itself to be one of the top most attractions of the city.
Please keep in mind that beyond the lovely and breath taking art works, there is a hige collection of sculptures to blow your mind away. Apart from this, you will also come across an annexe which has a lot of displays that are sure to interest you.Whether to take a brief spin through Wright's memorable building or spend an entire day peeking through all the art the vast space has to offer, the Guggenheim is a must-see for art and architecture fans. Solomon R Guggenheim Museum - New York tourist attraction added in the New York City Itinerary 14 Days.
Book tickets for Solomon R Guggenheim Museum along with some great deals on tours in and around the museum, at prices hard to believe! Solomon R Guggenheim Museum Tickets are flexible for kids, adults and senior citizens. Tickets for Solomon R Guggenheim Museum are highly anticipated by visiting tourists, so a good idea would be to buy tickets for Solomon R Guggenheim Museum in advance. Mentioned Solomon R Guggenheim Museum ticket prices are subject to change.
Solomon R Guggenheim Museum Information
- Don’t miss to explore the modern art collection and exhibition.
- Parking facility available.
- Some galleries may close before museum closes.
- If you visit at peak time, you may have to wait.
- Kids will love this historical place.
Solomon R Guggenheim Museum Ticket Prices
- Adults $22; Students and Seniors (65+ Years) with ID $18; Children under 12 years of age free; members have free entry.
- Last tickets sold 30 minutes before closing.
- Advance tickets are available online.
- Admission included with the New York City Pass.
Solomon R Guggenheim Museum Opening and Closing Hours
- On Saturdays from 05:45 pm - 07:45 pm admission to the Guggenheim is "pay what you wish" by donation.
How To reach Solomon R Guggenheim Museum by Public Transport
- Fifth Avenue bus stop (Cross Streets: 5th Avenue and 89th Street; Subways: 4/5/6 trains to 86th Street)
Restaurants Near Solomon R Guggenheim Museum
- Serendipity 3- Frozen hot chocolate
- Table d’Hote- Goat-cheese fritters
- Demarchelier- Calf liver splashed with sherry vinegar
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in New York City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New York City and book an accommodation of your choice.
Solomon R Guggenheim Museum, New York City Reviews - Write a Review
The design of this building itself is most impressive. They were showcasing Chinese art post 1989, which was a different showcase then you would typically see in the nearby museums. Overall, had a excellent time here and ended up staying here for the majority of the day.
Relatively small museum compared to the met a few blocks away but always does not disappoint with the shows they curate. They are wonderful and provide a wealth of knowledge to the viewers. The architecture of the building is also a must see and walk through if you are stopping by
Blasphemous that they even attempted to justify "Dogs Cannot Touch Each Other" as art. Simply pathetic. You're not a museum. Shut down. "Freedom of expression"? It's nothing but an endorsement of animal cruelty. THIS PLACE NEEDS TO CLOSE IT'S DOORS! BOYCOTT THIS SHAMEFUL MUSEUM.
This is one of the my favorite museum. Specially, I like Guggenheim collections which include painting by Claude Monet, Picasso, Kandinsky, etc. In the last Aug, which was my last visiting with my husband, we had a great experience. I enjoyed same collection in last May, however, I wanted him to show that. Because Visionary collection was ending soon, we went there at that time. My husband had a cast in his left leg. They offered free admission both of us, one for handicap and one for helper. Eventhough I was a membership holder, I took this offer. Awesome!!! Also, exhibitions were too great!!! I Love, Love, Love this place so much!!!
Cool spot to enjoy modern art. Be aware that the museum can get really busy, making it hard to enjoy some of the pieces that are especially popular. Make sure to check out the info about the Guggenheim family.
- Nearby Attractions
- Hunts Point
- Broadway Street
- Church Of St Paul The Apostle
- Museum Of Jewish Heritage
- Fifth Avenue
- Circle Line Cruise
- St Francis Xavier
- St Vincent Ferrer
- New York City Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in New York City
- What to See in 48 Hours in New York City
- What to See in 72 Hours in New York City
- How to Spend 5 Days in New York City
- How to Spend 6 Days in New York City
- How to Spend 7 Days in New York City