South Street Seaport1929 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Pier 17, Fulton And Front Streets, Manhattan, Ny 10038, New York City, United States Map
- Timings: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +917-4923480
- Ticket Price: 10 USD
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Art And Culture, Historical Site, Entertainment, Photo Gallery, Exhibition
The South Street Seaport is a historic area in the New York City borough of Manhattan, located where Fulton Street meets the East River. The Seaport was heavily damaged in 2012 in Super storm Sandy. Many of the businesses closed and the remaining businesses suffered from a severe drop in business after it.
After the storm, this whole place has become dead place. The South Street Seaport Museum re-opened in December 2012 with three floors of galleries in Schermerhorn Row and 16 historic and contemporary installations interweaving the city, the sea, and the Seaport neighborhood.
Also welcoming the public once again are the lightship Ambrose, with a brand-new hull, and schooner Pioneer, with new sails and a new transmission—as well as the 19th-century letter press print shop Bowne & Co., Stationers the museum's new galleries include a battalion of model ships, antique shipping tools, and left-of-center shows covering anything from New York fashion to contemporary photography.
Exhibitions display models of past and current ships, narrate tales of maritime life and culture and explore the rich history of New York Harbor. Adventures types can climb aboard the Peking, one of three stationary ships, and experience the daily life of sailors at the turn of the century. The Seaport is also a popular location for many of Manhattan’s entertainment and cultural events.
South Street Seaport Travel Tips
- It’s a combination maritime museum and mall.
- You can enjoy a boat ride.
- Parking facility available.
Entrance Ticket Details For South Street Seaport
- General Admission starts at $10. Price varies for other events, you can call up for more information.
- Free entry for children under 3 years of age.
How to Reach South Street Seaport
- Fulton Street Station
- Heartland Brewery
- Il Porto
- J.P Mustard
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in New York City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New York City and book an accommodation of your choice.
- South Street Seaport Address: Pier 17, Fulton And Front Streets, Manhattan, Ny 10038, New York City, United States
- South Street Seaport Contact Number: +917-4923480
- South Street Seaport Timing: 11:00 am - 05:00 pm
- South Street Seaport Price: 10 USD
- Time required to visit South Street Seaport: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
4.73% of people who visit New York City include South Street Seaport in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
90.91% of people start their South Street Seaport visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see South Street Seaport
82.35% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting South Street Seaport
People normally club together Plaza Hotel and Brooklyn Bridge Park while planning their visit to South Street Seaport.
People also prefer to start their day with South Street Seaport.
South Street Seaport Reviews & Ratings
What about day cruise around the hubsonAnswer Report Abuse
You can check this Circle Line: Bear Mountain Full-Day Cruise to see if it is the one you are looking for. Check other cruise tours in NYC to find more options.Report Abuse
Do you have any cruses from South Street seaport that we can walk- in, purchase our tkts and be on the boat - or do we have to book them in advance?Answer Report Abuse
It is recommended that you book a cruise experience in advance. You can find here some good cruise tours in New Your City.Report Abuse