The Morgan Library And Museum4919 Votes Currently Open
- Address: 225 Madison Avenue at 36th Street, New York, NY 10016, 10016, New York City, United States
- Timings: 10:30 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Phone: +1-2126850008
- Fax: +1-5104123520
- Ticket Price: 18 USD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Library, Museums, Landmark, Historical Site, Social, Arts
The Morgan Library & Museum is the library of the late financier Pierpont Morgan (1837–1913). He was known to be one of the preeminent collectors and cultural benefactors of United States. The collection consists of literary and historical manuscripts, early printed books, and various drawings and prints. The Library building was designated as a New York City landmark and a National Historic Landmark in the year 1966. During his lifetime, the library was the private property of Mr. Pierpont Morgan. After he passed away, his son opened the gates of the collection to the general public and has ever since been one of the most cherished collections of literature in United States of America. Also, visit the popular attractions in the city by following New York City itinerary 7 days.
The Morgan Library And Museum Travel Tips
- Photography is not permitted in any of the special exhibition galleries.
- Video recording is not permitted in the Museum.
Entrance Ticket Details For The Morgan Library And Museum
- Adults $18; Children (13–16) $12; Seniors (65+) $12; Students (with current ID) $12.
- Free to members and children 12 and under (must be accompanied by an adult).
- Admission is free on Fridays from 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
How to Reach The Morgan Library And Museum
- Rail: Grand Central Station
- Bus: 5th Ave & E 36th St Bus stop
- The Morgan Cafe
- Morgan Dining Room
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in New York City before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in New York City and book an accommodation of your choice.
13.25% of people who visit New York City include The Morgan Library And Museum in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
52.09% of people start their The Morgan Library And Museum visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see The Morgan Library And Museum
60.82% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Morgan Library And Museum