Are you looking for what to do in New York City?
THINGS TO SEE
- Metropolitan Museum of Art: Also know as The Met, this museum sees over five million visitors each year and houses world famous works ranging from sculptures to paintings and ancient artifacts. The visitors come from as far as Africa and Asia.
- Central Park: It is the star in most every movie made in the city, the luscious public park that offers idyllic getaway time from the bustle of the city. This is an exciting place to be.
- Statue of Liberty: Probably one of the world’s most recognizable icons, a visit to Liberty Island is a must for any tourist. You will enjoy every moment here and forget to bring your family and friends. They will love everything about the place.
- Empire State Building: See the city skyline from the highest point – the Empire State Building. You will be forever changed by the breathtaking and awe inspiring view.
- Coney Island: An ongoing circus adventure spot where you will find a fire-breathing man and woman with tattooed face, Coney Island has all the fun and games of any world class fairground. Again not a spot to miss the next time you visit New York.
- Madison Square Gardens: The city’s major performance venue. You can catch your favourite sports games here or watch your favourite artists perform to sold out shows.You can plan a trip to New York City according to the performance venue adn timing details.
- Rockefeller Center New York: This is a complex in New York City popular for ice rink, GE building and 360 degree panoramic views. An excellent place for walks, shopping and absorbing knowledge.
- Brooklyn Bridge NYC: A beautiful bridge that exhibits mesmerizing views of lower Manhattan. Enjoy breathtaking sights of the statue of Liberty and of course Brooklyn from here. There are plenty of shops and restaurants around this area.
- Museum Of Modern Art (Moma): The museum is home to an extensive collection of modern and contemporary art the includes Vincent van Gogh's "The Starry Night" and Andy Warhol's "Gold Marilyn Monroe," and commendable work by Jackson Pollock, Cindy Sherman, Elizabeth Murray, Jasper Johns, and various other great artists.
- Grand Central Terminal: A historical landmark and actually the busiest station in the city. The terminal is indeed a stunning construction with plenty to see.
- Ellis Island: A beautiful island located half a mile away from the Statue of Liberty in New York Harbor.
- American Museum Of Natural History: One of the largest museums in the world home to historic exhibits.
- High Line NYC: A magnificent linear park built in Manhattan open to public. The park is an ideal spot for recreation.
- Solomon R. Guggenheim Museum: A lovely museum with a range of contemporary art and exhibitions. The museum is also an architectural landmark in the city.
- Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum: This museum is more of an educational institution. It hosts interesting exhibitions relevant to history, science, and service through its collections.
- 9/11 Memorial NYC: The museum is a memorial honoring those who lost their precious lives in the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001 and February 26, 1993.
- Bryant Park: A fun park that’s home to a French-style merry-go-round. You could spin on the free ice-skating rink here as well and have a ball of a time.
- Bronx Zoo NYC: With an extensive range of wildlife, this zoo is one of the largest metropolitan zoos in the world. The animals are very well kept and the zoo is pretty impressive.
- The Cloisters: Located in Fort Tryon Park, the cloisters museum houses an excellent collection of statues, paintings, stained glass windows and tapestries.
- Radio City Music Hall: A true entertainment zone that stages exciting events.
- One World Trade Center: This is the tallest skyscraper in the Western Hemisphere and the 5th tallest architectural structure in the world.
THINGS TO DO
- Shopping: Everything from the Brooklyn Flea Market to Tiffany & Co. is available in the city. Cheap thrift stores and designer boutiques abound throughout New York. If you are a fashion alcoholic, visit New York and you will buy any designer label you have always dreamt of.There are many more things to do in New York city trip planner it can be shopping, eating, adventure and nightlife also.
- Eateries: Any visitor to the city must give Nathan’s Hot Dogs a try. Five star dining is offered by Babbo and pretty much any restaurant on the Upper East Side. The price however is a bit of the higher side as compared to other local restaurants. You will however be able to find a whole lot of other restaurants in New York.
Below we have a list of things to do in New York City and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your New York City getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to New York City with confidence.