Broughton IslandCurrently Open
- Address: Broughton Island New South Wales, Australia, Newcastle
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Island, Family And Kids, Water Sport, Boating, Scuba, Snorkeling
This island is a heaven for scuba drivers. Just dive into the water and you will be amazed to see innumerable colored fishes, including grey nurse sharks. Else you can just swim around or go for fishing, boating or snorkeling, without getting disturbed. On the land, 5 camping sites are there where you can enjoy camp out with your friends. These sites do have many facilities available. Hence, you need to bring your equipments. However, the amount of enjoyment you are going to receive is beyond your imagination. So, the next time when you plan for a trip to Newcastle, remember to make at least a daytrip to this beautiful island.
Broughton Island Travel Tips
- 5 remote/ backpack camping are available with non-flush toilets. However, prior reservation is required for camping site.
- If you decide to camp on timber platform, carry extra rope for assistance.
- All sites are unpowered.
- Check the reservation confirmation about the number of people can occupy the site.
- Brings lot of water for drinking and cooking.
- Solid fuel fires, wood, fireworks and generators are not allowed within the camp area.
- Shades are not available on the island.
- Pets are not allowed.
Entrance Ticket Details For Broughton Island
Camping fees on the island
- Site fee – $30 / night (2-person inclusive)
- $10/ night per additional adult (16 years +)
- $5/ night per additional child (5 – 15 years)
- infants free (0-4 years)
Broughton Island Hours
- For camping: 11am – 11am
How to Reach Broughton Island
- Take a cab and it will take you around an hour journey from Newcastle.
- Carry your own food to fill up your appetite.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Newcastle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Newcastle and book an accommodation of your choice.
20.59% of people who visit Newcastle include Broughton Island in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
32.5% of people start their Broughton Island visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Broughton Island
83.87% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Broughton Island