Christ Church Cathedral328 Votes Currently Open [Closes at 06:00 pm]
- Address: 46 Newcomen Street, Newcastle NSW 2300, Australia
- Timings: 07:00 am - 06:00 pm Details
- Phone: +61-249292052
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
Also known as Christ Church Cathedral, the cathedral dominates the skyline of the city. So, you can actually point out the church from whichever part of the city you are located. Visit this cathedral not because you have to be religious but to see its awe-inspiring architectural work, its melodious music and creative art work. You can even be part of their prayer and experience the joyful community. Take tour around the Memorial Garden for peace and remembrance.
Christ Church Cathedral Travel Tips
- Service times may vary occasionally according to special events and other reasons.
- The cathedral is open for worship every day. Visitors are always welcome.
- Be decently dressed when you visit the cathedral.
Entrance Ticket Details For Christ Church Cathedral
- Entry is free.
Christ Church Cathedral Hours
Sunday worship times
- 7:00am Eucharist (1662 Rite).
- 8:00am Eucharist.
- 9:30am Solemn Eucharist (choral service).
- 6:00pm Choral Evensong.
Our weekday worship
- Monday – Friday 7:30am.
- Tuesday 10:30am.
- Saturday 8:00am.
- 30 mins before first Eucharist daily
- Monday to Thursday at 5:30pm.
- Friday at 5:00pm.
How to Reach Christ Church Cathedral
- Bus no 201 from Newcastle West and get off at Church St near Newcomen St.
- The Persian Place
- Krishna’s cafe
- Bali Corner
- Le Passe Temps
- Reserve Wine Bar
- Hunter Gourmet Pizza – Newcastle
- Shack Takeaway THE
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Newcastle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Newcastle and book an accommodation of your choice.
58.26% of people who visit Newcastle include Christ Church Cathedral in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
59.34% of people start their Christ Church Cathedral visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Christ Church Cathedral
89.53% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Christ Church Cathedral
Christ Church Cathedral Reviews & Ratings
Beautiful church. You can go inside and see the church. When the weather is good you can go to the beach tower. The bells ring at noon each day
Nice cathedral, friendly staff, shows a bit of history regarding WWI. Free entrance, pictured allowed, lots of parking on the street.
I have watched amazing music performances as part of the Newcastle music festival. Entertaining and awesome!
We came just at the end of the service & were greeted so friendly
Very nice to see some of building from the 18 hundreds christianity