Hunter Wetlands CentreCurrently Closed
- Address: 412 Sandgate Rd, Shortland, Newcastle, New South Wales 2307, Australia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: 61-249516466
- Ticket Price: 5 AUD
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Play Ground, Walking Area, Family And Kids
It wasn’t until the 1980’s the Hunter Wetlands was a marshy dumping ground and later a part of it got converted into a football ground for the Hamilton Rugby Club. Today, the Wetlands Centre is regarded as one of the best preservation initiatives on a global level. Home to over 200 animals and birds, a visit to the Hunter Wetlands Centre is sure to take up a considerable chunk of your day.
- All tickets (children over 5)- $ 5
- School Holiday Special(Children 5 - 12yrs)- $ 2
- Pre-schoolers 3 - 5yrs (under 3yrs FREE)- $ 2
- Family (2 adults + 2 children 12)- $ 15
- Group entry (minimum 10 people)- $ 4/ person
- Essential Carers assisting disabled visitors (must present carers card)- Free
- Bus 106 or 107
- Bocados Spanish Kitchen (South American & Spanish cuisine)
- Le petit deux (French and Australian cuisine)
- Rustica (Mediterranean)
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Newcastle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Newcastle and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Newcastle include Hunter Wetlands Centre in their plan
09 AM - 10 AM
86.78% of people start their Hunter Wetlands Centre visit around 09 AM - 10 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Hunter Wetlands Centre
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Hunter Wetlands Centre
Nice reserve, majority is flat for easy walking. Friendly staff/volunteers and cafe was fantastic. Food affordable, timely and delicious! Just remember it is a wetland and insect repellent is a must.
Nice spot to walk the trail's. Watch the birds. Catch up for a coffee. Take some photos. The mosquito s were big enough to carry you off so bring the repellent.
This place is a beautiful island of nature. It's amazing to think that the wetland facility used to be a football club, the transformation of the area from a tip is a blessing for the water birds the wetlands attract. A must visit for all ages!
This is a lovely site. The wetlands are party worth a good picnic area and great play ground. The reptile and frog enclosures were a hit with the kids and we enjoyed the stroll aground the grounds. Very inexpensive too.
Lovely environment for peace and time out. Enjoy the birds and other wildlife and green spaces. The cafe serves delicious food and coffee. Had a pot pie with large serve of chips and huge salad. Very tasty, reasonably priced.