Considered as one of the highest profile beach amongst residents and tourists, Nobbys Beach is known for its gentle waves for everyone looking to swim or surf for the beginners. A favorite family resort, it’s a cute little spot for BBQ’s or to enjoy the sun under the rented shelters! If you wish to walk along the Macquarie’s Pier, you can see the Nobbys Lighthouse, a remarkable landmark of the city. So, just keep your essentials in one of the available onsite locker and get drenched in the smooth waves of the sea. The beach is open for all year round. Hence, you can visit the beach whenever you feel like.
Nobbys Beach Travel Tips
- Picnic shelters and kiosk are available during swimming season.
- Change room facilities available.
- Free BBQs on foreshore area is available in the adjoining beach reserve.
- Lifeguard service is available all the year round.
- On-site lockers available to keep necessary belonging of yours safe.
Entrance Ticket Details For Nobbys Beach
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Nobbys Beach
- Get off at Newcastle station by tram. From there, you can hire a car or take a bus to reach the beach.
- Swell Espresso Bar
- The Grain Store Craft Beer Cafe
- Sticky Rice Thai Restaurant
- Jonah's On The Beach
- Estabar Gelati and Espresso
- Sandbar Cafe
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Newcastle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Newcastle and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Newcastle include Nobbys Beach in their plan
4 PM - 5 PM
41.06% of people start their Nobbys Beach visit around 4 PM - 5 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Nobbys Beach
92.99% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Nobbys Beach