Are you looking for what to do in Newcastle?
PLACES TO SEE
- Fort Scratchley Historic Site: Fort Scratchley was built on top of hill during early 1800's and is today a museum, historical site and memorial. The views from the top are breathtaking and one can often see suffers paddling into the waves. You can catch daily tour of the Fort and see the proud history of New Castle.
- Hunter Wetlands Centre: There is no better way to reconnect with nature and remember what is most important on this planet, than a trip to the wetland centre. Here you can enjoy the 45 hectares on a “two wheeled self balancing electronic transportation device” and get a glimpse of what your future can be. This is a fun adventure for the whole family.
THINGS TO DO
There are quite a number of exciting night spots where you can go; some of them are,
- Delaney: You can enjoy your night here, they have excellent staff and the live music is just good.
- Queens Wharf Brewery: If you do not find anyone at the beach, then you check out this place, its one of the most popular pubs in the area and they have over 40 craft beers. On Sunday afternoons they sometimes play live music.
- Beaches Hotel: This is the best place to be especially on a quiet Sunday afternoon
- Civic Theatre: They host different activities and events, some of the events are concerts, musicals and dance. The Civic Theatre is located on the Newcastle heritage centre building.
- Greater Union Cinemas: This is the place to be if you feel like watching a movie.
Below we have a list of things to do in Newcastle and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Newcastle getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Newcastle with confidence.