Werakat National Park126 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Lovedale NSW 2325, Australia, Newcastle Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +61-265745555
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: National Park, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot
Exciting! That’s the word to be used to describe the national park. Located in the Lower Hunter Valley, Werakat National Park is a perfect destination to escape for a weekend day trip. Whether you are going with your family or friends, the park offers you every opportunity to enjoy wild life. Bring your camera and binocular and capture some nice shots of the colorful bird that flock here or different trees, flowers and even native species. With family you can arrange a picnic in Astills picnic area as well. A beautiful green spot with picnic tables under splendid tree canopy with colorful flower plants surrounding the area, gives a perfect ambience for family outing.
Werakat National Park Travel Tips
- The national park might be close sometimes due to bad weather or fire danger.
- We can go for family picnic in Astills picnic area.
- Guided tours are available inside the park, giving an insight tour to some of the unexpected delights of national park. These guided tours are led by experienced rangers.
- Carry enough drinking water with yourself.
- There is limited/no mobile reception in this park.
- Put enough sunscreen to protect your skin before you set out.
Entrance Ticket Details For Werakat National Park
- Entry is free.
How to Reach Werakat National Park
- Hire a car and drive off to the national park.
- Carry your own lunch box while going for a tour to the park.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Newcastle before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Newcastle and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Werakat National Park Address: Lovedale NSW 2325, Australia, Newcastle
- Werakat National Park Contact Number: +61-265745555
- Werakat National Park Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Werakat National Park(preferred time): 09:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Time required to visit Werakat National Park: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
21.99% of people who visit Newcastle include Werakat National Park in their plan
11 AM - 12 PM
45.83% of people start their Werakat National Park visit around 11 AM - 12 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Werakat National Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Werakat National Park
People normally club together Kurri Kurri Murals and Cessnock Regional Art Gallery while planning their visit to Werakat National Park.