Bessie Surtees House144 Votes Currently Open
- Address: Sandhill, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear NE1 3JF, United Kingdom Map
- Timings: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm Details
- Phone: +44-3703331181
- Time Required: 01:30 Hrs
- Tags: Landmark, Historical Site, Family And Kids, Architecture
The love story (or scandalous elopement) of Bessie Surtees and John Scott (a coal merchant’s son who was later Lord Chancellor of England) is legendary. This beautiful 17th century Tudor House near Newcastle’s Quayside is where that story started, when Bessie climbed out of her window to be with John. The house is a good place to learn the story, and also glimpse the lifestyle of the people those times. The furniture and the interior décor have been preserved as they used to be, and are quite lavish.
Bessie Surtees House Hours
- Closed on Good Friday.
- Closed on Easter Sunday.
How to Reach Bessie Surtees House
- Buses Q1, Q3 stop Quayside Guildhall
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Newcastle Upon Tyne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Newcastle Upon Tyne and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Bessie Surtees House Address: Sandhill, Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear NE1 3JF, United Kingdom
- Bessie Surtees House Contact Number: +44-3703331181
- Bessie Surtees House Timing: 10:00 am - 04:00 pm
- Best time to visit Bessie Surtees House(preferred time): 10:00 am - 02:00 pm
- Time required to visit Bessie Surtees House: 01:30 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
21.88% of people who visit Newcastle Upon Tyne include Bessie Surtees House in their plan
10 AM - 11 AM
66.67% of people start their Bessie Surtees House visit around 10 AM - 11 AM
1 Hr 30 Minutes
People usually take around 1 Hr 30 Minutes to see Bessie Surtees House
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Bessie Surtees House
People normally club together St. Mary's Cathedral and Laing Art Gallery while planning their visit to Bessie Surtees House.