How to Reach Newcastle Upon Tyne
- By Air: Newcastle International Airport, which offers scheduled flights throughout the UK, Europe, The Middle East and South America is located 9.7 km north-west of the city. The Tyne and Wear Metro to Monument station (20 min), Stagecoach buses and taxis (30 min) will take you to the city.
- By Train: Served by 3 train systems: East Coast trains frequently connect Newcastle with London, Edinburgh and principle destinations between (including York, Doncaster and Peterborough). Cross Country Trains run every 30 minutes from Newcastle to Birmingham via Leeds/Doncaster, Sheffield and the East Midlands. Transpennine Express runs direct services from Newcastle to York, Leeds, Huddersfield, Manchester and Manchester Airport.
- By Bus: Newcastle Coach Station is located at the southern end of St James' Boulevard, a short walk from the centre of town. National Express is the main intercity operator, offering regular services to several UK towns and cities. Most National Express tickets include free travel on the Metro system but check this before boarding the Metro.
- By Boat: North Shields, 7 miles east of the city centre, has a daily ferry to Amsterdam (Holland).
- By Car: The city lies at the joining of the A1 (the main East Coast route from London to Edinburgh) and the A69 (a major east-west route to Carlisle and the M6). The A1 bypasses the city centre to the west and the A19 to the east via the Tyne Tunnel. The A167 runs directly into the centre via the Tyne Bridge from both North and South.
- By Metro: Reasonably cheap way of getting around the city and also to outlying suburbs and towns including Whitley Bay, Tynemouth, North and South Shields, Sunderland and Newcastle International Airport.
- By Bus: Quaylink services run every few minutes between the city centre and the Newcastle/Gateshead quayside. There are 2 bus stations in the city: Haymarket (services to the north of the city) and Northumberland. Eldon Square Bus Station mainly serves Gateshead, County Durham and Teeside.
- By Car: Alamo Rent A Car, Avis, National are car rental companies- also found at Newcastle Airport.
- By Taxi: Plenty in number and inexpensive.
my sister leave in 18 Lynholm Grove Forest Hall Newcastle Upon Tyne and I dont have contact on her for such a long time .I want to visit that area as tourist .Answer Report Abuse
Would recommend that you try calling Newcastle Upon Tyne contact number 0191 277 8000 or write to them at firstname.lastname@example.org and they shall be able to help you regarding your query.Report Abuse