Jesmond Dene ParkCurrently Open
- Address: Jesmond Dene Park, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, UK, Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom Map
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Time Required: 02:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Park, Zoo, Cafe, Restaurant, Entertainment, Family And Kids, Arts And Crafts, Exhibition , Bird Watching
This pleasant little wildlife corridor is a narrow valley that stretches between South Gosforth and Jesmond Vale, running along the Ouseburn Stream. The trees are both native and exotic. Laid out in the 1860s, the park is supposed to look charmingly rural, with trees and crags and pools and waterfalls. The park is very popular with the local birdwatchers.
- On Sunday mornings, you can find an arts and crafts fair here. There used to be more stalls, but some of the stalls have permanently moved to Quayside.
- You’ll find a small petting zoo, called the Pet’s Corner. It’s fun when you’re going with family.
- There’s a Visitor’s Centre at the Millfield House. Check out the coffee shop and the restaurant. It’s open 9:30am-4:30pm.
- The St. Mary’s Chapel is Newcastle’s oldest religious building, and a pilgrimage destination.
How to Reach Jesmond Dene Park
- Metro Stations at West Jesmond and Chillingham Road
- Bus 33 stop Osborne Road
- Bus 18, 32, 38, 52 stop Coast Road Corner House
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Newcastle Upon Tyne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Newcastle Upon Tyne and book an accommodation of your choice.
- Jesmond Dene Park Address: Jesmond Dene Park, Newcastle-Upon-Tyne, UK, Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
- Jesmond Dene Park Timing: 24-hrs
- Best time to visit Jesmond Dene Park(preferred time): 10:00 am - 05:00 pm
- Time required to visit Jesmond Dene Park: 02:00 Hrs
- Try the best online travel planner to plan your travel itinerary!
33.56% of people who visit Newcastle Upon Tyne include Jesmond Dene Park in their plan
3 PM - 4 PM
50% of people start their Jesmond Dene Park visit around 3 PM - 4 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Jesmond Dene Park
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Jesmond Dene Park
People normally club together The Tyne Bridge and Grey Street And Grainger Town while planning their visit to Jesmond Dene Park.