The Tyne BridgeCurrently Open
- Address: A167 Newcastle upon Tyne Gateshead, Tyne and Wear NE8 2BH, UK, United Kingdom
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Ticket Price: Free
- Time Required: 00:30 Mins
- Tags: Waterfront, View Point, Bridge, Walking Area, Family And Kids, Architecture
This through arch bridge, opened in 1928, is the 10th tallest structure in the city. The first bridge on this location was built by the Romans in the year 122, and since then, multiple bridges have fallen into disrepair and been reconstructed on the spot. When you visit, notice the remnants of a tram infrastructure – these were retired in the 1950s. High above the road in the centre of the bridge, you’ll also see five gigantic Olympic Rings – these are the largest such rings in the country and were erected in 2012.
Trivia: Some think of it as a ‘mini-Sydney Harbour Bridge’.
- Bus CS1, Q1, Q2 stop The Sage Gateshead
- Bus 27, 28, 57, 56, 58, stop High Level Bridge North End
- Gateshead Metro Station – Green and Yellow Lines
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Newcastle Upon Tyne before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Newcastle Upon Tyne and book an accommodation of your choice.
84.09% of people who visit Newcastle Upon Tyne include The Tyne Bridge in their plan
12 PM - 1 PM
41.86% of people start their The Tyne Bridge visit around 12 PM - 1 PM
People usually take around 30 Minutes to see The Tyne Bridge
92.5% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting The Tyne Bridge