Are you looking for what to do in Newcastle Upon Tyne?
THINGS TO DO AND SEE
- Castle Keep: Discover the story behind the city, including how it got its name. Climb to the rooftop which boasts an outstanding view of the River Tyne and its seven bridges.
- Gateshead Millennium Bridge: The world’s first and only tilting bridge, it is one of the 10 bridges connecting Newcastle-upon-Tyne to Gateshead.
- Angel of the North: This iconic sculpture by British artist Antony Gormley is perched on a hilltop and is believed to be the largest angel sculpture in the world.
- Quayside: This is an area along the banks of the River Tyne. Once an industrial area and busy commercial dockside, it’s now the hub for Newcastle activity.
- St. Nicholas Cathedral: England’s most northerly cathedral is easily recognisable by its Lantern Tower, which was once a navigation point for vessels on the River Tyne.
Below we have a list of things to do in Newcastle Upon Tyne and the places where you want to spend the best moments of your trip. At the same time, the city offers you the best neighborhoods to explore and new foods to try.
This list should help you in deciding and prioritizing what you should plan on your Newcastle Upon Tyne getaway. Find a mix of must-see tourist spots, underrated local hangouts, and maybe even a few new experiences you can try out.
Make the most of your trip to Newcastle Upon Tyne with confidence.