Civic Center ParkCurrently Open
- Address: 100 Civic Center Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660, USA, United States
- Timings: 24-hrs Details
- Phone: +1-9496443151
- Time Required: 03:00 Hrs
- Tags: Park, Family And Kids, Picnic Spot
Combining beautiful landscaping, state-of-the-art construction, impeccably designed modern buildings and a strong collection of gorgeous sculptures, the Civic Center Park offers a beautiful escape from the city life. The place has a 100,000 square foot City hall, a Central library and a wide collection of flora.
The meadows, walking trails that twirl around the entire landscape, bridges that take you over wetlands and the collection of plants that are native to California, complete the experience. The exclusive, larger-than-life art instalments include sculptures of animals, abstract art pieces ad colourful additions spread across the sculpture park. The civic park also has a Dog park to its credit where you can take a walk and relax with your canine friend as you soak up the sun.
Do try the self-guided walking tour that you can download on your phone to explore the park best.
Civic Center Park Travel Tips
- Carry bottled drinking water.
Entrance Ticket Details For Civic Center Park
- Admission to the park is free. For other prices, visit official website.
Civic Center Park Hours
City Hall Hours:
- Monday through Thursday, from 7:30 am until 5:30 pm.
- Friday from 7:30 am until 4:30 pm.
- Closed on: New Year's Day, Martin Luther King, Jr. Day, President's Day, Memorial Day, July 4, Labor Day, Veteran's Day, Thanksgiving and the following Friday, Christmas Holiday (check the City's calendar for details).
Central Library Hours:
- Monday through Thursday: 9.00 am – 9.00 pm.
- Friday through Saturday: 9.00 am- 6.00 pm.
- Sunday: 12.00 pm – 5.00 pm.
Sculpture park: Open 24 hours
How to Reach Civic Center Park
- By Bus: Avocado-San Miguel
- By renting a Car/ Bike
- By hiring a Yellow Cab Taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Newport Beach before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Newport Beach and book an accommodation of your choice.
Civic Center Park Reviews & Ratings
Great park Except homeless problem up by the dog park. The same homeless guy lives there full time, Tent, sleeping bags etc. others join him but they are more transient. The dog park is too small. The entire dog park should be Astroturf instead of gravel. They need more parking.
Long narrow sculpture park with a winding sloped path. The city of Newport Beach occasionally changes the sculptures displayed, although the Stonehenge Bunnies have been there from the start. At the top of the park are two small fended off dog play areas; one for small dogs and one for large. The park has ample parking by the civic center and library. The park also offers nice ocean and sunset views from its upper areas as well as the glass railed skywalk bridge.
A veey nice park adjacent to the civic center with various sculptures surrounded by landscaped paths and seating areas. There is a nice overlook platform too. Don't miss bunny stonehenge!