How to Reach Nha Trang
HOW TO GET TO NHA TRANG
- By Air: The closest international airport to Nha Trang is Ho Chi Minh which is a tiresome 440 kilometres away. From Ho Chi Minh, you will have to hop on a domestic flight to Cam Ranh International Airport which is 50 kilometres away from Nha Trang.
- By Train: Nha Trang is easily accessible by train from Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh and the journey from Ho Chi Minh takes about 6-8 hours if the trains are not delayed. The Train station is located very close to the city centre so you can easily walk.
- By Bus: A bus journey to Nha Trang from Ho Chi Minh will take you a tedious 10 hours and from Hanoi it will take about 16 hours. There are several buses daily and you can choose one at a time convenient for you.
HOW TO GET AROUND NHA TRANG
- By Bus: Nha Trang local buses are cheap, clean and reliable. You will find buses number 3 and 2 the most useful, since they pass through the southern quarters.
- By Cyclo: When in Vietnam, do as the locals would do. A great way to get around is to hire a cyclo driver for the whole day (do remember to fix a far in advance).
- By taxi: Taxis are perhaps the most unreasonably expensive way to get around in Nha Trang. With astronomical fares and rude drivers, they really don’t seem to be worth your time. If you can however, get a good bargain on the marathon meter, they can be a good option too.
- By Bicycle: What an excellent way to explore this incredible city! Cycling is easy and convenient in Nha Trang and gives you the flexibility to be in your own pace and explore sights of your choice.
- By Bike: If you are not into cycling, try hiring a bike in this beach town. You can even choose to hire a guide who will take you on a tour of the best sights in the city.