Long Son Pagoda, Nha Trang
About Long Son Pagoda, Nha Trang
Long Son Pagoda, Nha Trang - Address
Address: Phật Học, Phương Sơn, tp. Nha Trang, Khánh Hòa, Vietnam
Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
Timings: 06:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
Added 1.2K times in trip plans
Try TripHobo to create your itinerary
Are you associated with this business? Get in touch
The Long Son Pagoda is a beautiful edifice decorated with mosaic dragons and adorned with traditional Buddhist motifs. The most striking feature is the enormous Buddha statue sitting on a lotus flower. The surroundings offer spell bindings views of the hills and nearby rural areas. The most moving part of the visit is sure to be the dedications to the monks who immolated themselves in protest of the Ngo Dinh Diem regime.
Long Son Pagoda Information
- Visitors should dress conservatively when visiting the pagoda.
- Do not fall for scamsters who will charge you crazy amounts of money to show you around the pagoda that you can very easily see by yourself or even sell you some ridiculously priced souvenirs.
- There are 152 steps towards the Buddha statue.
How To reach Long Son Pagoda by Public Transport
- The Pagoda is close to the inter-province coach terminal. It is best to take a cyclo or cab to this attraction.
Restaurants Near Long Son Pagoda
- 22 Thai Nguyen Restaurant
- Cong Tuan Restaurant
- Hai Chua Thien Huong Restaurant
Love this? Explore the entire list of things to do in Nha Trang before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nha Trang and book an accommodation of your choice.
Long Son Pagoda, Nha Trang Reviews - Write a Review
It's a huge statue. Very peaceful and quiet. Lot of them pray with inscence sticks. You have few steps to climb before reaching the statue. Also whole city can be viewed from top
Great spot to wander around for an hour. The gardens in front were well maintained and you'll get a decent view of town from the top. If you are lazy or it's hot as hell, take a taxi to the top and walk down.
Nice quiet place. The temple closes from 12noon and reopens at 2pm. Not well maintained. But do try the Coconut Jelly at the entrance of the temple. Its really good!!!
The statue of Buddha is good. But... be aware of the people up there are the top. Some girl is giving out incense. Do not take it! She later asks for 200,000 dong.
We were not let in by security guards. When we asked why, other guides said its because we we Chinese, and they make a mess of the toilets! We were actually a group from a cruise from Hong Kong, comprising overseas Chinese from UK. Other people said place was not worth visiting anyway so we should not argue and try to get in.
- Nearby Attractions
- Nhà Hang Yên's Restaurant
- Blue Star
- 100 Eggs Mud Bath
- Long Son Pagoda
- National Oceanographic Museum Of Vietnam
- Viện Hải Dương Học
- Trần Phú
- Nha Trang Airport
- 60 Trần Phú
- Vinpearl Resort & Spa
- Nha Trang Day-wise Trips
- What to See in 24 Hours in Nha Trang
- What to See in 48 Hours in Nha Trang
- What to See in 72 Hours in Nha Trang
- How to Spend 5 Days in Nha Trang
- How to Spend 6 Days in Nha Trang
- How to Spend 7 Days in Nha Trang