Holy Trinity CathedralCurrently Open
- Address: Near St. Sava Hall, Prijezdina, Nis, Serbia
- Timings: 09:00 am - 05:00 pm Details
- Time Required: 01:00 Hrs
- Tags: Church, Religious Site, Family And Kids, Architecture , Cathedral
This is one of the most important churches in the region. The construction of the church began in the year 1856, but it is in the year 0f 1878 that it was consecrated. It is a symbol of liberation from the Turks. The architecture is a mix of Byzantine, Islamic and Renaissance styles. In the year 2001, a fire accident burned the place down. It is the citizens of Nis who came together to rebuild it.
- The Treasures gifted by Russian Emperor Nicolai-II
- The Great Cross containing Russian and Serbian saints.
- The pure Gold Coin of the Virgin.
- The remains of the Holy Martyr Arthemios.
How to Reach Holy Trinity Cathedral
- Bus Station: Maprep
- Hire a taxi
- Ask the locals for directons.
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nis and book an accommodation of your choice.
69.31% of people who visit Nis include Holy Trinity Cathedral in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
61.64% of people start their Holy Trinity Cathedral visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 1 Hr to see Holy Trinity Cathedral
81.94% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Holy Trinity Cathedral