This is a small spa town. It’s located at the foot of the Koritnik Mountain, just 9 kilometres to the south of Nis. Highlights and must sees include: The spa here is the third biggest in the whole of Serbia. There are certain natural conditions that make this place so apt for a popular spa centre. The continental climate is gentle, the mud is mineral rich and the mineralised water is therapeutic as it comes down the mountains in the form of consistent springs. This place is known for its medicinal baths since the Roman times. They had setup baths here. And the tradition was followed by the Turkish as well.
- NiskaBanja Treatment and Rehabilitation Institute- where people with rheumatic and cardiovascular diseases are treated.
- Kosutnjak Forest Park- known for its fitness circuits.
- Football grounds, tennis courts and firing ranges.
- Paragliding competitions
- The Summer Stage- where many major performance events are held regularly.
Niskabanja Travel Tips
- This place is very crowded on weekends.
- If you are visiting the NiskaBanja Treatment and Rehabilitation Institute, make an appointment first.
How to Reach Niskabanja
- NiskaBanja Train Station
- Hire a taxi
Love this? Explore the entire list of places to visit in Nis before you plan your trip.
Fancy a good night's sleep after a tiring day? Check out where to stay in Nis and book an accommodation of your choice.
95% of people who visit Nis include Niskabanja in their plan
2 PM - 3 PM
71.88% of people start their Niskabanja visit around 2 PM - 3 PM
People usually take around 2 Hrs to see Niskabanja
95% of people prefer to travel by car while visiting Niskabanja