How to Reach Niagara Falls
HOW TO GET TO NIAGARA FALLS
- By Air: If Niagara Falls is your first destination in the country or from the across the US border, you could land at the Hamilton International Airport, 70 kilometers from Niagara Falls.
- By Rail: If you’re already somewhere else in the state of Ontario, you could always take a train, VIA Rail Canada's from Toronto. The train leaves once in the morning and then again in the afternoon. The GO Transit too provides four trains a day between Toronto and the Niagara Falls.
- By Bus: Bus services like Coach Canada, Greyhound, Megabus and WEGO all offer rides from Toronto to the Niagara Falls and back. If you’re on a budget, taking the bus is a wise economical option.
- By Car: You could also road trip down to the Niagara Falls from Toronto, as long as you’re above 18 and have a valid international drivers license.
- By Tour: There are organized tours too, complete with pick up and drop off. Some of the tour operators are See Sight Tours of Niagara, BG Tours Canada, Elite Tours of Niagara Falls, etc.
HOW TO GET AROUND NIAGARA FALLS
- If you’re part of a tour operator, taking from one sight to another is all arranged by the tour operators.
- If you’re on a self-guided tour, there are many main attractions that are within walking distance from the Niagara Falls. Grab hold of an attractions map from the Table Rock tourist centre.
- There’s a bus service, WEGO, which runs along the Niagara Parkway and stops at all the main attractions. If you’re planning to avail of this service, buy a one-day pass. It can be purchased from any of the Welcome Centres.
- You could always hire a taxi, but they can turn out to a little expensive.
Know about the preferred mode of transport, average time spent and average distance traveled for commute in Niagara Falls. The most preferred mode of transport in Niagara Falls is Walking.
Average distance: 9 km Average time: 19.5 min
Walking 50%Walking 15 min Driving 2 min Overall average time for 3 kms 17 min
Car 50%Driving 22 min Overall average time for 15 kms 22 min